Thread: I am getting sued :)

I am getting sued :)

Some nutcase foreign teacher wants to sue me for hitting him during his demonstration.

Well it all began when I took my cousin to a jiu jitsu demonstration. This teacher was showing some armbreaking technic, where you are supposed to break the arm after you are hit. Because as he said, then the arm would be fully extended and thus easy to break.
    Well I couldnt keep my mouth shut about teaching such bull, so he asked me to come up and demonstrate my point.
    First he told me to do it semislow, and indeed the technic worked. But then I told him that it would never work if I hit him full force, so he of cause disagreed and told me to hit him.
    Well I hit him in the chest, he flew backwards into the wall and before he could recover, I legswept him and when he went down I followed him to the floor where I simulated an elbow strike to the throat which would have finished him of for sure.

Well not one willing to admit he was wrong he claims I hit before he was ready, so naturally he wants to do it again.
    This time I count down from three and then hit him again full force in the chest, but now he manage to grab my right arm with both his hands, which forces me to follow him a few steps.
    I then turn my right hand into an elbow strike and simultanious take another step forward which presses him to stay out of balance. I then do a huen sao and forces his right arm upwards and kick him with a mixture of roundhouse/knee kick, whereafter I take him down, and because he lands on his stomach I simply seat myself on top of him.

Well after that he stopped the demonstration, and told me he would sue me.

My only regret is that I will not be present when the lawyers ***** slap him out of their offices for wasting their time

Ah its great to live in a country where you cant sue people for things like this. I probably wouldnt have done it had I lived in USA.

WTG

Nice work dude.

jesper - nice story. The sad thing is that most people don't train realistically enough to handle a real punch. Everything looks and sounds good in theory or with the usual partners. People just playing "the same game" in the safety of their schools till they get their clocks cleaned out on the street. Hopefully the guy you punched learned something also. And you're right about the U.S.
    Your journey ends at my feet.

*It takes effort to learn to do something without*

Cool Jesper - getting sued

I like what you did but, just in case, I would get some real good advice if this guy might sue. LOL

Damian

5. Countersue

Claim mental anguish, causing sleeplessness and loss of income, as a direct result of being coerced to repeatedly pummel a guy in front of an audience when you thought he could take it but in fact he couldn't. Your conscience is killing you, you feel horrible and can't hold a job anymore....

You were manipulated into fulfilling the masochistic desires of a deviant, and you demand compensation.

In fact, he fraudulently represented himself as a martial artist, causing further indignity to you. That's gotta be worth something too. Damage to reputation and all that.
    Last edited by Alpha Dog; 05-04-2002 at 05:13 PM.

Nah nothing is going to happen. I live in a country where grown ups are supposed to take responsibility for their actions .

PS I checked it with a friend of the family who is a judge, just to be on the safe side.

Which country's that?
    I wanna move there...
    ---------------------------------------
    RJ Lohan
    rjlohan@uts.edu.au
    'i' before 'e', except after 'c'....

We live in a weird society...

Denmark

Thumbs up good job

thats cool dude , put possers in their place. you could do it in the us of a too.

actually, instead you can countersue him for consultant fees, as you were obviously more of a teacher on that exercise than he was and all those present benefited from your knowledge and skill.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA