Thread: Women in Kung-Fu

Hybrid View

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by SiMui View Post
    And thanks for your honesty, WarriorDude. I was wondering how much of this natural inclination would rule men's decision on which sifu to choose. Decisions are not made solely by logic.
    Well, that's why there are leaders, and that's why there are followers. It's really up to the individual I would think, and how open-minded they are. For example, I don't hold out much hope for male chauvinists to study under a female sifu regardless of quality. You know the saying "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink"? That's just how it is with some people I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by SiMui View Post
    btw, this is a hypothetical question. I am far from the level of skill necessary to become a sifu. But I have dreams.
    Dreams are a great start! Work on it, and it will become a reality someday. It won't be easy though. If anything, you probably have to work ten times harder than the guys to prove your worth. Still, don't let that deter you. The couple of posts prior to mine have very good points. So hang in there!
    Last edited by warr10rdude; 06-17-2008 at 03:45 PM. Reason: line break