i was reading about the weapons on this site and i looked at the Kwan Dao

supposedly it weighs 100lbs. that is ridiculous. that would be like wielding a small teenager or two full suits of plate armor in that polearm

i don't any hand-to-hand weapon worth using weighs more than 18lbs and that is still going kind of far

no good two handed sword is more than 10lbs and polearms are not that much different from a half-sworded two-hander, just a bit longer so probably a little heavier

anyone else notice this as i have?

(please no "clunky euro swords can weigh up to 40lbs and hammers can weigh 80lbs!" comments on the weight of swords... i have done so much research on it that i would not like to be bothered with that.) I am a member of the Netsword forum. Many Swords enthusiasts there so my information comes from many enlightened people

(also go to http://www.armor.com and check there info if u disagree. they make weapons that are well-renowned for all of us sword enthusiasts)

unfortunately, those forums are mostly dedicated to euro stuff so i posted it here as well as there.... not many people interested in asian-things there.