Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: Brushing your teeth

OT: Brushing your teeth

Hi,

I have a question regarding brushing your teeth.

When you use tooth paste and brush, well after you are finished brushing and u spit out the tooth paste. SHOULD you either rince out OR not rince so the toothpaste really gets in there and does it's job (i.e whitens? and strengthens teeth etc...)

thanks for you time
    S.Teebas

I usually spit out the toothpaste and leave the brush. Brushes all day ...

Seriously, rinse. Commercial toothpastes weren't made to be left on. Plus they make your coffee taste really bad. If you're worried about decay/strong teeth, ask your dentist for some flouride toothpaste that can be left on overnight. Expensive but it works.
    There is a great streak of violence in every human being. If it is not channeled and understood, it will break out in war or in madness. ~Sam Peckinpah

Some good advice there SaMantis! (keep it coming guys)

It's just that the back of the tooth paste tube doesn't say weather i need to rince or not?
    S.Teebas

I don't use a brush, I just eat the tooth paste. One tube a day I say!!!
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Who wipes your a$$ for you S Teebas?
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

lol

Anyways, I was thinking, maybe the fluoride and other contents are enough to give you cancer (or some other overdose of whatever in toothpaste) in the future. THen you can sue the company for negligence and failing to advice, and then, you'd be rich and dead.

Ok, maybe thats not a nice outcome. Maybe its better to rinse...
    Sorry for absense, lots happening.

If you swallow it it's suppoused to be really bad on your stomach acid and all. Definantly should rinse it off.

.........and why would you ask this question on a Kung Fu forum?

Is it just me or is this place getting more and more off topic.

Kung fu? What's that?

I thought this was the Health, Personal Hygiene & Isn't America Great Forum.

D@mn, I'm in the wrong room!
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Oh, so i'm not the only one.

Isn't it a shame that the biggest all time thread is about Jet Li, (still growing even after "The One". ), and i know everything there is to know about Judo and BJJ (wouldn't be a bad thing if this place wasn't called kunfuonline.com). You can't say this forum is completely down the toilet..................

and to S. Teebas, if you choose not to spit it out atleast you'll die with pearly white teeth and minty fresh breathe. Thats all that really matters.
    Last edited by Leonidas; 05-01-2002 at 09:13 PM.

The dentist prescribed a special toothpaste for me once. You were to brush normally, but were to refrain from rinsing, plus I wasn't suppose to eat or drink anything for 30mins if memory serves. I guess it was pretty potent stuff, sounds like thats the stuff your looking for. Only it's not an over the counter kind of product.

Rinse. No sense swimming upstream on this one.

If you're a traditional stylist you should be cleaning your teeth with green tea and twigs.

This relates to kung fu because if you get hit in the teeth, well do you think the extra strength provided by proper flouide treatment; could help keep your teeth intact more so that not brushing at all?
    S.Teebas

My brushing routine...

Start with fluoride pre-rinse, brush and then finish up with Listerine.
    Keep it simple, stupid.

Healthy teeth and bad teeth both go flying when struck by fast-moving objects, such as fists or concrete. Healthier teeth just have a higher trajectory.

If a tooth is knocked out whole, the dentist can put it back in place and maybe it will re-root. Healthy teeth have a better chance of doing this.

However, I think it's far less expensive to just brush regularly, rinse, and learn to get out of the way of a punch.
    There is a great streak of violence in every human being. If it is not channeled and understood, it will break out in war or in madness. ~Sam Peckinpah