Thread: Sifu Wong Jack Man

Sifu Wong Jack Man

Is anyone familiar with Sifu Wong Jack Man (in San Francisco)?

Wong Jack Man was the guy's name who fought Bruce Lee in the infamous challenge match that Bruce Lee always talked about. Here is a link with another side of that story

www.kungfu.net/brucelee.html

Hope it still works
    "God gave you a brain, and it annoys Him greatly when you choose not to use it."

Yes, I've read that, thanks.

I was more interested in knowing if anyone's familiar with him as a sifu.

I'm familar

Wong Sifu is very respected in the MA community and he is a very traditional sifu in the way he teaches and his style of living. He has no outside job other than teaching CMA and he has no hobbies. His life is CMA. He is a very humble person who has a lot of pride and he holds his students to a very high standards. He does not wish to advertise about himself or about his school and he maintains a very low profile about himself and about his school. To the younger MA genetartion, very little is really known about him.

Yet, his knowledge and skills are known to be at a highly developed level and as some sifus in his generation have stated long ago, "His collective MA knowledge is greater than all the combined sifus in the area".

NorthernShaolin

NorthernShaolin: thanks for the info

are you a student of his?

Next to my Sihing, I'm the second senior disciple that is still active in NSL.