Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: BSL Lyrics: Tom Toy

A book to find

r.(shaolin)
    Thanks for your answer.
    I don't think I have Ma Zheng Bang's book.
    Do you have the name of it?
    Kevin

Ten Routine Spring Leg
    Hai Feng Publishing Company of Hong Kong published this book in 1983.

r.

ttt 4 2017

A vintage vid - the first form is clearly the first two roads of Tantui. The second is some odd jibengong I think.

This YouTube channel has some amusing stuff.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    A vintage vid - the first form is clearly the first two roads of Tantui. The second is some odd jibengong I think.

This YouTube channel has some amusing stuff.
    Greetings,

This footage appears to capture footage of people from the Nanking Central Kuo Shu Institute.

The Tan Tui shown may be from the Mei Hua style, the Shaolin component of Shaolin Long Fist that took root in Taiwan. The person demonstrating this set may be Master Chang Bing Zhang. That particular footage has many jumps between postures, suggesting that the moves were held for a period before moving on to the next move: a training method used by practitioners in this lineage (not exclusively).

The woman is demonstrating half of the set known as Six Road Hard Punch, a set popular with practitioners of Chin Woo. She might be Master Fu Shu Yun.

MORE:

I find it interesting that this footage found it's way to this thread. Mei Hua Chuan and Cha Chuan may have been some of the source materials that Master Ku Yu Chang drew from in developing the ten sets of Bak Sl Lum. If that is the case, it says a lot more about Wang Zi Ping than has been available in English and it also brings into the spotlight a Master who would exist in both the lineaages of Shaolin Long Fist and Bak Sil Lum: Yang Hong Xiu. But this is only speculation.

mickey
    Last edited by mickey; 09-15-2017 at 05:46 AM.