Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Punch training

Originally posted by Jim Roselando
    3) Relaxation. You do not contract your muscles ever! Even on impact! Your bone alignent allows this to be possible.
    Eh? Even in air punching? This causes your elbow to lock and snap. Ouch. Don't do that too much.

I really dislike discussing muscle invovlement with WC guys... but do you know what starts your punch on it's retraction? Muscular contraction... otherwise it would keep extending until the elbow locks.

IronFist
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Iron Fist,

Perhaps I should make this easier to understand. Yes! Everything we do requires strength. If we didnt have muscles we couldnt even stand but what I am talking about is contracting the muscles. Our body alignment allows us not to have to contract or tense to produce results. Tensing stunts your power.

Align your body, press your elbow towards the center and point it towards the earth with the thumb pointing to the sky and stay relaxed. You will not injur your joints if done properly. The more we practice the more Wing Chun Ging we will develop but the more we practice the more we hope to avoid musclular power versus refined whole body Ging.

Hope that helps,
    Jim