Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sha! I found a 'kwoon' near me!

Sha! I found a 'kwoon' near me!

i might be taking it after summer!

i found a wing chun kung fu school about an hour drive away from where i live! (no more tae kwon do!!!)

anything is better than tkd, would revert to my high school wrestling days before I`d do a lame tae kwon do. you are much better off, congratulations!

heh, i will probably start in august if circumstances allow me to

i gotta check it out first though

Congrats!

Well done mate, aren't there any places close to you? I'm lucky, I live in London there's so many schools about, mine is about a 10 min drive.

How long have you done TKD for? It must be pretty bad doing it if you didn't enjoy it that much.

Wish you the best of luck!

well, i live in a small town so we only have boxing and TKD here

i was in TKD for 3 months... got to gold belt but i really didn't like the speed at which we were going... we moved - physically - too slow, we never stayed in our stances - we looked like warped boxers - i was with many younger people (i was 12 and they were ten) so sparring was nothing.

i could go back in it now and probably like the age-range better since i'm 15 but i just hate TKD. it seems very westernized and i've heard TKD is one of the least effective arts in a real fight... too many things are taken out

Julien - pay CLOSE attention to Raleks post.

It makes a very good point:

Ho mosexual sex should NOT be a televised sport

Remember that next time you're in Maryland.
    "Martial Arts will help lead to d@mnation – Yes, d@mnation!"

-Bible Truths.

i don't get the picture.

It's a picture of Royce Gracie armbarring the crap out of Jason Delucia--A Kung Fu stylist (well, he was--I don't know what he's doing now.)

Ralek's the resident BJJ troll
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

what is BJJ?

Brazilian Jiujitsu
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

a grappling art, i assume?

mmm... Yup.

That must be a really small town your from eh...
    |) /-\ | | |
    | / \ |_| |__

2500 people or maybe a bit more hehe