Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sha! I found a 'kwoon' near me!

how are you going to get there if you are 15 and it's an hours drive?

i've tried being a burden and relying on someone else to take me to kung fu class - it doesn't work. it ends up with the other person getting bored (even if it's your dad) of taking you there, then they have to wait while the lesson goes on (not worth driving back) and then they gotta drive back. Once a week? Twice? Three times? Hmm.

Go boxing.
    All i wanted was some RICE CAKES! Now? WE MUST BATTLE.

sharky, it innit like i live alone :P

i will just get my dad to drive me once a week

Julien
    Whatever you do, do not let anything Ralek says get under your skin. He's just a foolish troll after all..

oh yeah, welcome
    Zvika

Trolls

What exactly is a troll? I was reading a post here somewhere, is it someone that's full of s**t?

ps. An hour is quite far, I didn't realise you were 15, Sharkey is right you should try boxing, unless you're sure you're not being a burden. I wouldn't mind doing boxing actually in addition to mantis, I might get around to it one day.

Good luck with whatever you do bud!

Let us know how the first lesson goes?

I don't think once a week is worth it. I mean you could do it, but you would be a much better fighter if you went to boxing 3x a week.

I wouldn't bother going just once a week, but each to his own.

Sharky

Out of interest where did you to Wing Chun in London? (I'm from N.London)

Hi,

I went to austin goh then to kamon. Wound liked to have trained with viktor kan, hopefully one day i will

You mate?

Sharky

I don't do wing chun, I do mantis is central london, but I'm interested in doing a bit of Wing Chun cross-training, would it be possible to email you or something, I'd just like to know about your thought on the two schools, I was looking at going to one, I've heard not so good things about the Austin Goh school - apparently it's ok if you're advanced but the beginners are basically ignored. I was also looking at one in Golders Green (Sifu Aldo Pellingri?). I'm interested in whether you felt you learnt a lot from it?

(My email is admin@freelondon.org)

Thanks a lot for any help given mate!

check mail bro.

hmmm... i would do boxing if it weren't for my small size (and my hate for those **** big gloves)

i am 5foot5, 115lbs with about 2% body fat
    (don't scoff at that please... i work out everyday... i'm actually stronger than a lot of people heavier than me... just the other day i beat a 150lber my age at an arm wrestle.. a 180lber last year when i was 105 lbs. there are more where that comes from :P)

i do know about light-weight boxing but i'd still rather go into wing chun. once a week is enough to keep me content... i'll just train in my basement during the week.

What exactly is a troll? I was reading a post here somewhere, is it someone that's full of s**t?
    A troll is someone who posts something just to get a negative reaction for attention, like,"Kungfu sucks, it's outdated and useless in a fight". I think it's a fishing term. in other words baiting someone.