Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: How valuable is speed...

i never stated any, so i guess i rock
    All i wanted was some RICE CAKES! Now? WE MUST BATTLE.

actually, i am quite smart... IQ of 133
    i just didn't know what u were talking about hehe

Gee, not only are you smart but you are humble too!
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

i don't care about your iq, there wasn't much to understand, he said "these are forearm exercises" and then proceeded to describe them, for YOUR benefit, and you didn't even say thank you.

meh, i just prefer not to be thought stupid

and i'm 15 so i'm a 'dang-nab-no-mannered-ruffian'

hehe

oh and thank u :P

There can be great value in letting people think you are stupid.
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

The value of speed depends on the type I guess. Crystal meth is the most popular one with ravers and teens, etc., So that should get the most valueable. So if you want to deal I suggest crystal meths. But I'm do have any experience in this so maybe the other members can help you.

in which universe?

Originally posted by Merryprankster
    p=mv is incorrect. It's actually p=fv.

But that's immaterial
    MP: I'm sorry but you're incorrect and I'm 99.9999999999999999999% on point (there are no absolutes). When I say power I mean Kinetic Energy which is the "power" we're talking about. The equation I gave you guys is Kinetic Energy equals one-half the mass of the "matter" in question x the velocity of the said matter, squared. Basic Newtonian Physics. Where do you get the "f" variable? Is that some English symbol used to replace the "mass" portion of the orthodox equation? Maybe you're getting something "twisted".

The Other Guy: I know the vector comment was totally facetious, so I won't comment on that, hahaha.

Thumbs down

This is another fine example of how a web forum can be manipulated by a 15 year old with an IQ of 133 (yeah right ).

And yes, your age does kind of disqualify you as some sort of "expert". What, if any, real experience can you have at 15 besides how to groom that pubic mustash? Wait, don't tell me, you've had many life and death altercations in Junior high.

Reading the assumptions of the ill informed is fun to a point but it does get boring fast.

Please go and come back when you have something other than second hand experience.

Flame on.................

So you want to build wrist strenght ehy?

Try working the staff, iron staff, Monk Spade, Kwan Do, Broad sword, straight sword, or any other assortment of traditional weapons.

Nothing builds wrist strength like traditional weapons training, and it's really cool to boot!!!
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    How important is speed? I dunno. How would YOU like to be the guy who said, "I almost hit him first."??-usually this is said from the hospital bed.

Speed in combat is of primary importance, but in sparring speed can hinder your development of advanced technique. It can be too easy to try to make a poorly executed move work just by speeding it up. If you can land deliberate strikes with a good but not exaggerated cadance, when you do apply you speed and power your will have a much more powerful set of weapons and counters.

Talking

" I almost hit him first. " I was laughing so hard I was crying!
    " Better to be a warrior in the garden than a gardner at war."
    "Ni hao darlins!" - wujidude
    "I just believe that qi is real and good body mechanics have been masquerading as internal power for too long." - omarthefish

Kinetic energy isn't power.

Power is work per unit time.

Work is expressed as Force by Distance.

Since Power is work per unit time, the equation is basically (Force * Distance)/Time.

If I redistribute my parentheses, then it's (Force)*(Distance/Time)

The definition of Velocity is Distance/Time.

Consequently, power= (Force) * Velocity.

Dimensional analysis will show that the units of expression are different. In kg/m/s:

Power= (kg*m^2)/(s^3)

Whereas Kinetic Energy is expressed by (kg*m^2)/(s^2)

Unlike "chi," or "energy flow," or "internal," or "external," the language of physics is rather precise, and you can't substitute one definition for another, just because you feel like it, if those definitions aren't quantitatively equivalent.

So no, Kinetic Energy isn't the kind of power you are talking about because, by definition, it's not power.

Do I understand your point? Yes. But that doesn't make power and kinetic energy interchangeable.

Besides--I still stand by my point that beyond a gross generalization about an increase in speed being an increase in power (and that increase being generally related by the square of the velocity), this is all way too complicated for us to try and work on--although I don't think you're trying to do that, I just want to get away from us going round and round discussing impulse and momentum, elasticity and inelasticity of the impact, etc--the factors involved are too numerous to formulate and discuss on here. Besides which, I don't think I have the knowledge to factor in everything that needs to be taken into account anyway. Maybe you do. But I'm guessing not.

F, by the way is not a wierd symbol. It's FORCE, as in mass by acceleration.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

How dusty were those books you musta dragged up for that?

Leave it man, this thread is getting borin