Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spiderman = Great Flick!

Thanks

heh... I could dream up movie plots all day... now if only someone would pay me to do it
    Something almost brought a tear to my eye, mainly because this was my three year old son's first (non-cartoon) theatre movie.
    That's awsome!!! I learned how to read by sitting on my father's lap & reading spiderman comics together every sunday evening... Sigh,

I'm glad you chose to bring your boy to see it, it worked on so many levels. I think Sam Raimi should spend the rest of his carrier directing Spiderman Movies!!!

or have me take over!!!

as for Venom... never really understood why he was so popular...

Yeah, I think the creation of venom was more accidental than anything anyway. When I talk to people about the movie everybody says they want to see venom, but I don't. There are way better classic spidey villians that would translate allot better to the big screen. Venom just wouldn't make sense. To me Doc Ock is the most logical choice. I actually think if he was first they could have made the goblin more shocking, discovering his identity and stuff....anyway gotta go now
    Hung Sing Martial Arts Association
    Self Protection, Self Confidence, Physical Fitness
    www.HungSingChoyLayFut.com

Martial Arts Training and fitness Blog
    http://hungsingmartialarts.blogspot.com/

Good Point...

Doc Oct, would have worked especially if they kept the radio active spider...

I think they where sort of going for an underlying theme on human evolution as spiderman is born at almost the same time that Norman Osborn subjects himself to his performance enhancer...

almost as if they where syncrinisticly connected...

It's a variation of the Classic Comic tool of meanwhile...

I think the goblin would have worked out really cool as kind of a back story while spidey fought Doc Ock. So in the background you would have osborne becoming the goblin commiting crimes and building suspense, I mean if they would have kept him around a little longer it would have made his defeat more dramatic(in the sequal). Also it would have made the goblin seem more epic like in the comic. I liked the movie anyway.

Also the genetically enginered spider was a good touch. It was actually like in ultimate
    Hung Sing Martial Arts Association
    Self Protection, Self Confidence, Physical Fitness
    www.HungSingChoyLayFut.com

Martial Arts Training and fitness Blog
    http://hungsingmartialarts.blogspot.com/

You're all insane or lobotomised or both! Except for Radhnoti who had good reason to like the movie: cas it was cool for his 3-yr old son (way-to-go, what a cool memory).

The movie sucked ASS! Tobey Maguire was excellent... at first, but wore a bit thin. The effects were unconvincing aside from a couple of rather nice martial moments (but, hell, haven't we all done/seen better !!?). YAWN! The Green Goblin looked like a Mighty Morphin Power Ranger, but even his suit acted Dafoe off the screen, and Dunst (Dunce?) has a face as expressive as a bag of spanners.

The bad guys in the sequel (why oh why Sam? after the masterpieces that were The Evil Dead s??? ) will be The Green Goblin and his son, Hobgoblin.

Poor.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

I'm still wondering how the greengoblin will fit in the picture. The greengoblin hates the hobgoblin and it from another dimension ,supposedly.
    killer kung fu commando streetfighter who has used his devastating fighting system to defeat hordes of attackers in countless combat situations