Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Xinyiba

Shaolin Xinyiba - Yin and Yang explained

been workin on smoother/stronger shen fa for the past month since we've been inside. this video is right on time. short and to the point, explains principles of Yin & Yang in practice. Also highlighting the significance o the taijutu symbol as a moving wheel.

sidenote: Some people like to associate the Taijutu symbol with WuDang arts and method and say Shaolin doesn't incorporate the principles of yin and yang in their arts, which is terribly wrong the balance is interwoven into every aspect of Shaolin arts as well, and in some cases Shaolin and Wudang also express the principles in taolu, wugong and qigong, in a very similar way, in other (most) cases, the schools retain and express their unique essences while demonstrating a profound application and understanding of the yin yang principles in seamless motion.

the wheel of Dharma and Taijutu rotate as one at the peak level of comprehension.

Amituofo
    "色即是空 , 空即是色 " ~ Buddha via Avalokitesvara
    Shaolin Meditator

Sanda training at Master Hu ZhengSheng's academy

this is just beautiful to me for so many reasons, what do you think about it?

Amituofo
    Shaolin Meditator

Breathing

Shaolin Meditator

6 harmonies

Shaolin Meditator

Internal & External theory

Shaolin Meditator

4 extremes principle

Shaolin Meditator

XIAO HONG variation

Shaolin Meditator

Rare weapon OX Horn crutch

I was born in the year of the OX so this caught my eye , tho I've heard this weapon be called other names, I have only seen this form done with this title. nice, insightful video either way.
    Shaolin Meditator

Dengfeng iin the 60's/ Luohan Quan importance

absolutely LOVE this video. when people as why I'm fascinated with Luohan Quan, its a two part answer. the first part, I always say that Shaolin is the home of Luohan's on Earth, its the Luohan making temple, and I'm radical about that opinion of mine lol. the second part to my answer is that Luohan Quan IS Shaolin Quan and is the signature historically. Luohan Quan is the epitome of the "moving sutras" and the repetitions of certain postures and transitions are actually transformative postures for the body which make it more poise for long term meditation.
    If I'm not mistaken the MINIMUM prescribed time period for sitting meditation was two hours. and thats just to get the engine going.

Dhyana masters could sit for time periods that would be called science fiction today, yet is fact and due to their training in wugong and qigong.
    no difference from dhyana masters in india who are yogis and enable themselves to sit for long terms thru various deep yoga practices.

the practice of Luohan Quan even extends to Japan, Korea, etc....thats for another thread tho. if anyone want to take that ride with me lol
    bac to Shaolin, for arguments sake, I will say
    Fists from the QiXing sect and Xinyi sect (QiXing Quan, Chang huxinyimen Quan,) (XinYiBa), and Hong boxing are most popular, yet are all branches of Luohan quan altered or added to.
    Same with Tong Bei Quan, Zhao Yang Quan, Pao Quan, even Taizu Chang Quan, are all altered Luohan quan. some retain more Buddhist nature than others. Shaolin had a lot of outside influence in its history from people who were near and dear to the temple, mostly.
    Shaolin Meditator

GM Zhu Tianxi

I've met Gm Zhu Tianxi. He was on the Shaolin Kung Fu 2000 tour, which we sponsored (note that the DVD has a special exclusive demo that GM Zhu did at the old TC Media studios, just for us).

I also wrote a report on that tour and on GM Zhu in our July 2000 issue: "When Mountains Meet-San Francisco Hosts Shaolin Kungfu 2000"

Check it out Djuan.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    I've met Gm Zhu Tianxi. He was on the Shaolin Kung Fu 2000 tour, which we sponsored (note that the DVD has a special exclusive demo that GM Zhu did at the old TC Media studios, just for us).

I also wrote a report on that tour and on GM Zhu in our July 2000 issue: "When Mountains Meet-San Francisco Hosts Shaolin Kungfu 2000"

Check it out Djuan.

Amituofo !!
    Shaolin Meditator

Wu Nan Fang Acadamey

Shaolin Meditator

Hu ZhengSheng explaining some Tong Bei principle

Shaolin Meditator