Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kung Fu drawing

Kung Fu drawing

I was working on my notes (Our Sifu has us makes notes, including drawings), and decided I'd sketch out a typical "kung fu" type pose.

When I was quite a lot younger I used to do comic book style art, so I figured I'd give it a shot now. (As a note, I don't do all my notes that detailed yet... it's been a while since I've drawn this way, so it takes me a little longer )

http://www.mental-case.com/kungfu/Cr...e-Rendered.jpg

That's the URL to the image... I'm going to do some more that are "real" poses from the style I practice (7* PM).

Just figgered I'd post the first one here to get opinions

Feel free to cut it down/compliment/offer criticism (Although not on the pose itself... I realize it's very likely made up )

Hau Tien

okay, that's pretty d*mn cool.

did you draw all of the stuff on mental-case.com? Thats some pretty good stuff if so.

Smile

Good stuff!
    " Better to be a warrior in the garden than a gardner at war."
    "Ni hao darlins!" - wujidude
    "I just believe that qi is real and good body mechanics have been masquerading as internal power for too long." - omarthefish

d a m n cool stuff. Did you draw all of that? if so - nice work. The only thing I can draw is space battles.
    Zvika

Yes... almost all of the stuff on the site is mine. The exception comes in the "art" directory. There are a few pics there I did not draw, but did the digital coloring on. I recently decided to try my hand at computer coloring comic book style art. I hadn't drawn for some time, so my drawing wasn't up to par... now that I've gotten some practice again, I'll be doing it all.

I'll post some more when I get them done

Thanks for the comments

Hau Tien

I like your stuff man. Good work. I'm not wild about the no back ground stuff, I'd rather see some trees or mountains or something. that's juts personal taste though, nothing big. It would be cool to see some rough pencil drawings as well. keep it up! and to think, all those dead kittens....
    I am nothing.

awesome pic

anyone else find it weird that the guy hasn't any nipples?

Stacey Guest

bad picture

Learn to draw a stomache with proper breathing. Make him muscualar and ripped, give him a triangular torso and masculine hip to waist ration, but give him the buddah belly. A real kung fu master will breathe as such. Its hard enough to remove the cultural stigma..ie Dude are you pregnant, get in shape, but thats kung fu, so please keep it real.

Don't mean to sound like I'm correcting you... but the belly doesn't need to STAY pushed out after you breathe.

Many of the highest ranking people in our school have 6 packs, and breathe properly.

Also... My anatomy is very likely not correct, but then, I wasn't trying to make it so.

I appreciate the comment, though, so thank you

Hau Tien

Stacey Guest
    Ok, just checking..its very cool though...especially the glow.

Hey, I saw loads of kung fu comics in china town. Intricate fight scenes and the art was amazing. One was about a tiger style guy and a ba gua guy.

Dude those are friggen TIGHT!!!
    They would look hella bad as T-shirts! Ever think of making shirts?!?!? I know I want a couple already!!
    The sign over the toilet says:
    "Do NOT eat the big white mints!"

Smile Nice

This drawing is fine with style. But first, to mark the nose as the bottom up, is not a good nose in Chinese face reading.

The Chin Dynasty hair style may be the sign that the artist is not a Chinese but Western artist. The Western got the immage that all Chinese has that kind of hair just because that is the time they saw Chinese. In fact, I considered that is a shame rather than a culture. As same as what Chin Dynasty made women deformed the feets. That is a method of surpressing the common people and make them obey authority. It is a sign of slavery. I hate to see these signs.

Other wise, I like the drawing as in its style.

My apologies for any cultural faux pas. Obviously not my intention.

The hair... well... I just like how it looks, regardless of any historical/cultural signifigance it might hold. It especially looks neat whipping around in acitons shots

As for T-Shirts... I haven't done anything like that, no, but wouldn't be opposed to it. I'm actually currently on summer break and looking for a summer job. (I'm a mature student taking Computer Systems Technology) If I could find something doing art, hey... I'd love it Until then... guess I'll look for something more in my old profession... bouncing/security... although I'd really rather stay out of that industry. Maybe a nice landscaping job for the summer would be nice

Anyway... I've ranted enough... thanks for the comments, both positive and negative

I've done a couple new shots... but my pens are out of ink, so all I have done is the pencils for a Ding stance and a Seven Stars stance. Should be picking up some pens tomorrow, so I'll ink em, scan em, then color them and let you guys check em out

Thanks again!

Hau Tien

Cool drawing.

I like his trousers.