Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kung Fu drawing

Thumbs up

I love your style man!! Fecking good job there. PROMISE you'll keep posting your work here ok??
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

2. Hau Tien,

For shirts check out http://www.cafepress.com/. They make one-off t-shirts(you don't need to order a bunch of them or anything). Basically, you upload the graphics you want for the shirt(or mousepad, etc). It costs you nothing as they just print make the shirt when there's an actual order.

Their site can explain it better than I can. The profit margin is slim, but for no risk you can't really complain.

Respectfully.

Wow. Very good. I've always wished I was a better artist, so that I could draw notes for the forms when I start teaching, and have a little manual that they can referrence when I'm not around.

However, there is one thing you could do to make your kung fu drawings more realistic. You need to have the guy holding posture while posting on KFO, as all the best kung fu people do so.

Maybe Gene'll send me some free stuff for that one.
    I would use a blue eyed, blond haired Chechnyan to ruin you- Drake on weapons

Another pic

Just finished another one up... this one is for my notes, so it's not such a "flashy" pose, but instead the Seven Stars Stance from the style I study.

http://www.mental-case.com/kungfu/SevenStarsStance.jpg

There it is Again... anatomy is quite likely not correct, but the pose is this time

KC: Hrm... perhaps a big crane stretch while in front of a computer posting on the forum? Maybe that will catch Gene's attention. Maybe it'll get me an art job, too

Anyway... hope you guys like it

Hau Tien

to paul lin re : bound feet

It was the feet of wealthy women which were bound, not commoners (if that's what you said).
    'If we do not go within, we go without'.

hmmm.. what do u use to draw those with?

looks like u use what i do... i draw and color with flash and i add fx with adobe photoshop.

I draw by hand in pencil, then ink it with drafting pens. After it is inked, I scan it in and use photoshop to add the colors.

The coloring stage is actually a multi-step process as well. But that's a little beyond the scope of this forum

Hau Tien

oh heh

u should really try Flash to draw... it's awesome. it smooths out all of your lines and stuff

i learned of it's usefulness when my cool scanner decided to stop working... it still doesn't work but i don't miss it because my pictures look much better now.

xebby is no more, his creator dwells elsewhere
    Cool drawings dude, i like drawing too but i gotz no talent.
    Id like to learn how to paint some day.
    "If you're havin girl problems i feel bad for you son
    I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one"

"If you can't respect that your whole perspective is wack
    Maybe you'll love me when i fade to black"

http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=OQSURMO&key=FMA

Pretty cool pics.

Just on the foot-binding topic: As I understand it, it was not the Ching that developed/imposed the practice, but the Ming.

The Ming were native Chinese, and the dynasty before the Ching.

The Ching were Manchu, took over China in about 1645 or thereabouts. Footbinding ("golden lotuses") was a practice of the Chinese nobility prior to the Ching conquest. The Manchu did not approve of the practice, or of the place in society that women were held which led to the practice.

Manchu women could walk, and had a large say in things like who they would marry.

Filthy barbarians...

The queue (the ponytail/braid) was, however, imposed by the Ching, as a symbol of loyalty to the Manchu empire.

-geoff (sorry for the digression).
    Geoff

-A hundred enemies, a hundred cups of wine. Infinite enemies, infinite wine.-