Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Just observed a BJJ class

ah, cool... what is the style like?

BJJ utilises the principles of superior body positioning and submission techniques to defeat the apponent.

To do this the BJJ practitioner will take the fight to the ground where he/she is highly skilled at this range.
    The BJJ practitioner through the use of leverage and correct body manoevering(shrimping etc) can defeat a much bigger and stronger(Unskilled) fighter.

Chokes,arm locks,neck cranks etc are weapons that the BJJ practitioner will use to subdue or hurt the apponent.

BJJ complements most styles as it is in a completely different range and therefore does not contradict them.

Hope that helps
    "You're Good Kid Real Good,But As Long As I'm Arround You'll Always Be Second Best See".

Shoalin tiger. Where are you? Let's fight agian. I challenge you. I'm a lot better than i was last time. I was just a begginer then.

Now i have bought the BJJ book called "Brazilian Jiujitsu: Theory and Technique" by Renzo and Royler Gracie and John Danahar and Kid Peligro. So now i have a BJJ book and i have learned a bunch of new techniques from it. It has more techniuqes than the "Gracie Total Defense CD-ROM(TM) has.

Ralek, you still havent told me what I get when I beat you. I want to know so I have a good reason to come out there.

Is this "Ralek" guy for real?

Dark Knight, I will mail you $5 if you beat the snot outta him.
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."

- Henry Louis Mencken (1880-1956)

WOOOHOOO, Im building a money warchest already

Hundred more of these and Im there (Gotta cover cost)

Thumbs up

I'll throw in a Diet Dr Pepper with the fat-free yogurt.

Badger
    Justice, swift & raw. US Constitutional absolutism, a return to the American Dream based on the 10 Commandments, The Golden Rule, US Constitution & Bill of Rights, zero tolerance for bloodsuckers, criminals and evil.. Peace through superior firepower & tactical might, zero free rides, only the truly needy get jack****, Don't Tread on Me & Remember the Alamo muther****er

Ralek, a must have book for bjj is BJJ: the Master Text. I have both of the books (Gracies and this one) and this book is 3 times the better book and students and instructors of bjj agree.

http://www.jiu-jitsu.net/handbook.shtml

Shaolin Tiger. How are you doing? Do you want to fight again? When can you fight?
    - I'm doing well. thanks for asking. Actually I'm competing in a judo tournament this Saturday and plan on starting to compete in bjj tournaments as well. Do I wan't to drive up to Fredneck and roll in a park with a backyard grappler, when I could be training with blue and purple belts or judo people with nice facilities? Not really, but If I'm ever in the area again, I'll let you know as I'd like to see how you've progressed.

BJJ has a history of defeating kung fu. When i defeated shoalin Tiger with my elbow-knee escape he was totally defenless against it. He could not stop the elbow-knee escape and i sucessfully pulled guard.

I love Ralek's revisionist history. I think this comes with bjj as Rickson may be the king. Someday I'll defeat 600-700 opponents.
    As a bjj player, I also know that an escape from the side mount into a guard is hardly a defeat. more like going from a bad position to a neutral one. Question: Ralek why didn't you attempt a single submission while you had me in the guard? I could think of about 30 things I would do to a guy who was as clueless as I was to bjj. guess the gracie CD rom wasn't as good as promised... you'll never have that chance again unless you find a traditional striker.

Shaolin Tiger. Your a BJJ blue belt now? I think i will have more trouble pulling guard next time.

Yep actually a blue in bjj and 4th grade (yonkyu) in judo. I'm starting to learn some sambo informally as well. I still work my sanshou on my heavy bag to keep my punches and kicks sharp.

pulling guard= butt-scooting tactic used by frightened girls(and smart brazillians outweighed by 80 lbs.). There is much more to bjj than the guard, which takes you from a bad spot to a better one, and that is what bjj is really about: position then submission, (although the better you get the more you'll work from worse positions)

good position starts with good takedown skills. *see judo and wrestling* that put you in the mount or sidemount or knee on belly or kesa gatame or north south position or....to begin with.

gotta go things to do.
    Fairfax Jiu-Jitsu

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai, Capoeira & Mixed Martial Arts

Renzo skool is great!!!
    A

Shaolin Tiger. I didn't know what to do when i pulled guard. But now i have "BJJ: Theory and Technique". The book shows moves from white belt to black belt.

Why are you afraid to fight me? Are you afraid i will elbow-knee escape you like i did last time? You were getting really tired last time. Last time i showed mercy and didn't KO you when you got tired.

Shaolin Tiger. I challenge you to mortal kombat. Do you accept or yeild?

Last time I was going to do a fatality on you when you were tired but i decided to show mercy instead. Let's fight again.

Peace is not the product of terror or fear.
    Peace is not the silence of cemeteries.
    Peace is not the silent result of violent repression.
    Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all.
    Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity.
    It is right and it is duty.

"convert to BJJ"

Ralek, do you think it's a religion or sumthin`?

I am a missionary. I defeat kung fu people and bring them show them the auwsome power of BJJ. Shoalin Tiger has converted to BJJ after i succesfully pulled guard on him. He was totally defensless and could not stop it.

I evangelize by force. I don't convert people by talking. I do it by fighting. Proof is in the fact that everyone i have ever fought has converted. I challenge any one of you to fight.

No Rolls, Shaolin Tiger got board watching you run away.

And you're not a BJJ drone, you're merely a small h omosexual child who tries to rape mules with broken bottles and drink the anal blood.

And if that doesn't get this sh!te thread deleted, what will?

***gots!
    "Martial Arts will help lead to d@mnation – Yes, d@mnation!"

-Bible Truths.