Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are dragon Flags?

What are dragon Flags?

Well, what are they? Thanks.

Not sure if this is what you are after.
    But this is how BL did them.

The "flag" exercise was a particularly difficult drill Lee devised for working the abdominal. While lying on a bench, he would grasp attached uprights with both hands and raise himself, supported only by his shoulders. Then, with his knees locked straight and his lower back raised off the bench, he would perform leg raises.

Question Dragon Flags?

Can anyone describe these?

I'm leaving work, but if somebody doesn't by tomorrow I will. This is one **** good ab drill.

Lay on your back. Put your hands under your but. lift your neck and shoulders off ground, look at your feet, raise your feet off the ground about 6 inches. Hold this position for as long as possible.

Thats a flag. A "Dragon flag" is what Pavel calls his verson of a flag done on a weight bench:

lay on weight bench, reach up and grab leg bars with hands, and lift legs off bench 6inches - 1 foot.

Or so...

strike!

So in the dragon flag only the shoulders and neck are touching the bench? Kind of like the training sequence in Rocky 4.....?

Yep. There are pictures of bruce lee's legs at like a 80 degree angle from the bench. Pavel calls his the dragon in honor of mr bl....

strike!

Yenhoi

When you say 'reach up and grab leg bars with hands'- what does t hat mean? What are leg bars?

Can anyone post a pic?

Me confused!
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

OK, after reading this thread, I tried to do these last night. All I have to say is, that shlt hurt. My tummy needs a massage.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

When you say 'reach up and grab leg bars with hands'- what does t hat mean? What are leg bars?
    I think they mean grabbing two of the legs the bench is standing on.

So your back is on the bench and you're holding the legs of the bench at the end by your head and then lifting your legs.
    The cinnabun palm is deadly, especially when combined with the tomato kick. - TenTigers

maybe i'm just imagining it wrong, but this sounds like more of a hip flexor exercise than anything else.

am i imagining it wrong?
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

It is.

However, you need to keep your abs tight to keep your back from arching.
    Surrender yourself to nature and be all that you are.

See the following article on T-mag. Look towards the bottom of the article under "Reverse Crunch", it shows pictures and a description of how to execute this move.

KG

Good post, KG. Please note the guy has **** poor form though. Your body should remain straight as an arrow throughout the movement. It's also good to position your body so your butt hangs off the edge of the bench. This will give you a large ROM and make the movement more difficult. (not aimed at you KG - aimed at the general viewing public )