Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wah Lum Kung fu in Orlando, FL

Wah Lum Kung fu in Orlando, FL

Does anyone study here? My head instructor and a few other of the students at my school and I are planning a trip to Orlando, FL and we all thoought of comming here and train or just check it out for a few days. If any who do study here or have studied, any info will be very... very cool!
    Thanks

Hi, SSW!

I train at the temple. You're welcome to come and visit anytime, though if you call ahead we can let you know what hours we're open, when classes are held, etc.

As far as training for a couple days, I'm not sure how that's worked out, so again, give the school a call and let them know you'd like to visit and train. I put the school's home page below:

www.wahlum.com

hope to see you there!

There is a great streak of violence in every human being. If it is not channeled and understood, it will break out in war or in madness. ~Sam Peckinpah

A "must visit" when visiting Orlando! Call ahead of time, ask for Tu, he is very helpful. You want to experience this place when full rpm`s are going, Amazing energy! Have a nice stay...

sounds cool, we are coming from NC I think there will be about 5 of us. We just might end up visting because those are some expensive sessions.

expensive sessions? SSW, what`s with that?

SaMantis pointed him to the Wah Lum main site, and he probably saw the live in student training.

That is expensive, no doubt.

I don't know about you 'high rollers" but $55 an hour is a little to much. I am a teenager on a low budget. Heck, it is $55 for a single month at the school I study at right now. I'm not even sure if that is how much they would charge for just a couple days of training but It would seem that if he charges $55 an Hour then it will be some were around there.

Wow, yeah $55 is a lot, that's almost a month's tuition. That's for a one-hour private lesson, right?

Give the school a call anyway -- since there's 5 of you maybe they can work out some kind of group deal? And if they can't work out a training deal stop by anyway, and say hi!
    There is a great streak of violence in every human being. If it is not channeled and understood, it will break out in war or in madness. ~Sam Peckinpah

SSW, is your group going to be in the Tampa area by chance?

We are going to Orlando and we plan on visiting the temple anyways, its just the matter if we train or not. Tampa I don't know yet, 18elder requested us visit a Mantis school near there that he trains at. We will think of going to Tampa
    Last edited by Sum Sing Wong; 05-15-2002 at 01:30 PM.

SSW
    Tell your teacher, he and his group has an invitation to our school in Tampa. You can stay at the school (shower and stuff available). Our school is not just about learning flashy forms. We offer traditional Mantis training, which consist of exercises/two-person exercises, forms (where you actually learn the apps. and counters, variations) conditioning etc. My teacher will spend some quality time with your group, and open your eyes! I guarantee you will leave knowing what Mantis is all about!

yu shan

Does your school have a website?

yu shan,
    just curious.....
    it seemed in your last statement that you were implying that
    Wah Lum was just flashy forms,(or it seemed that way). Is that what you think????

it seemed in your last statement that you were implying that

Aahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...... Let the games begin

Sum Sing Wong
    unfortunately the site is in Chinese, we are working on this and hope to come up with something nice for USA soon. we are a young school with the emphasis on training, learning, and spreading to the US our Mantis style of fighting. take a little time out of your trip, come to Tampa, you are very welcome to come see what we are about, as is everyone.

MiamiMantis
    WL does have more than just flashy forms. it has incorporated some very nice Choy Lee Fut with Tan Tui, great weapons work, iron palm, lion dance...in my years with WL, never saw much emphasis on fighting and application. the only school that fights to some degree is Sifu Leroy`s.
    is Sifu Shelly your teacher? if so, give her my regards, she always treated me kindly.
    have a good day.