Thread: Hello I'm new to this board

Hello I'm new to this board

Hello All,

I am new to this board and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Richard and I am a student of 7 Star for about 5 years now.

Before that time I was studying Long Fist, Hapkido and Jui-Jitsu. Before that I was studying Hung-Gar (still practice it do to this day) and before that Kempo (still practice this as well).

I am not a 'club hopper' or 'style-of-the-month' MA which I am sure we have all seen too much of. I just moved around alot in my career so studied what I could where and when I could.

I've been in the same place long enough now to assimilate a fair bit of 7 Star and liked it so much that I have pretty much dropped all the rest. I also have found some great people to train with in 7 Star which IMO is 1/2 the battle.

Anyway, this is a great board and I find the subjects very interesting and responses knowledgeable.

regards,
    Richard.

Welcome aboard, Richard!

Yep, there are some very enthusiastic and knowledgable mantis practitioners on this board. Glad to see new people!

There is a great streak of violence in every human being. If it is not channeled and understood, it will break out in war or in madness. ~Sam Peckinpah

Welcome to the boards. I'm new as well.

Thumbs up

Great to see you on kfo . Hope to eschange info with you int the future.
    killer kung fu commando streetfighter who has used his devastating fighting system to defeat hordes of attackers in countless combat situations

Thumbs up

Welcome
    skarbro -- you're in, brother. your sole responsibility -- mock temple kung fu. -rubthebuddha

Its not what goes in a man that defile's him, its what comes out.

www.torontohiphop.com

hi

o hi i also take seven stars. i take it under Purnel. where are you from?

Re: hi

Originally posted by seven_stars
    o hi i also take seven stars. i take it under Purnel. where are you from?
    Hello seven_stars, I am currently from the Toronto, Canada area. Previously I was in B.C. for many years. I have been training under Sifu Chow's branch for several years and more recently under Sifu Jon Funk's branch.

regards,
    RP.