Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wah Lum Kung fu in Orlando, FL

9dragonshijin

Classes start at 6:00 and usually run to about 8:30p.m., shr-fu will be gone this monday and wednesday so i would suggest next week as i will probably be late those days.
    Classes are Monday,wednesday, friday and saturday morning and a basic class on tuesday.
    I would come monday of the following week, give him a call and come early to talk to him and then try class.
    I can also help you with any of your wah lum stuff if you ever want to go over it.

Hey Miami

Sorry to hear about the ACL, I`ve had friends do the recontruction, total piece of cake. These guys came back stronger than EVER! Don`t worry, you will spend a little time away, use this time to get the psychic in order. So you run things down their when Shifus gone? Good luck brother!

9Dragonshijin

Drop by friend.

Holy cow, I go away for a couple days and this thread lights up! What'd I say???

NM is right -- Wednesdays and Fridays are good days to come because the school is open all day. That way if your schedule's tight and you want to check out 18elders' school in Tampa, you can do that too.

Friday is the toughest workout (at least in the morning).

If you want to check out the classes, come at 10:30 a.m. or 6:25 p.m. Other times, just come in to the office, Sifu Tu is almost always there and he'll show you around. There's usually a couple of students practicing on their own between classes.

Saturdays, there's a class at 11 a.m., but people are in and out all morning so you can come anytime from 9 to 12.

woliveri, I stand behind my kung fu brother in this challenge. I'll bring the pie. What flavor?
    There is a great streak of violence in every human being. If it is not channeled and understood, it will break out in war or in madness. ~Sam Peckinpah

SaManits-

Hello!!

Have you met Roc Doc Yet? Have you seen some of his Northern long Fist or Maints? and how is he doing?

Thanks for your time!
    館術國勇威 Wei Yong Martial Arts Association
    戰挑的權霸統傳 The Challenge for Traditional Supremacy
    http://www.weiyongkungfu.com

Hi tao of wushu!

Yes, I met Roc Doc the first day he came to class (2 weeks ago monday). Great guy, everyone likes him. He spent the first day getting re-familiarized with basics and getting used to the heat, and since then he's been tearing up the floor. All those old Wah Lum forms are coming back!

Haven't seen his Northern longfist yet but I'll ask for a demo!

Peace!
    There is a great streak of violence in every human being. If it is not channeled and understood, it will break out in war or in madness. ~Sam Peckinpah

Cool!!

SaMaintes-

That cool! Looking forward to hearing about it!
    館術國勇威 Wei Yong Martial Arts Association
    戰挑的權霸統傳 The Challenge for Traditional Supremacy
    http://www.weiyongkungfu.com

Tampa Students

Sorry to all of the tampa students, I just don't think we can make it to tampa. Our time is gonna be spent with the Amuesment parks and stuff. We might not even train at the temple, just might visit it.

SSW
    OK brother, what theme park is your group going to? If you want to be really" Florida" say you are visiting the properties! Thanks for the thread, it got things going again. Wah Lum folks, there are many subjects to type about, bring something up! Let`s have some fun...

9dragons,
    I can’t say I’m not sorry to see you go brother.
    If you get a chance email me earthroster@yahoo.com,
    RibHit
    “Being fast is fine but accuracy is everything.”
    Wyatt Erupt
    Feeling jumpy!!!
    Thread Killer...>>>
    Tommy M

We are going to universal and maybe sea world. They might come up with some other stuff also. They said something about Splendid China, with that we might just visit the shops in front of the park, but I might convence our head instructor to take us there.

Splendid China have some really good performers, and at half the cost of a 1 hour lesson at the Temple. Is it worth $27+, probably not. Go to the Temple instead, and then head out to Chan's on Highway 50 for Dim Sum. From there, you can visit our asian markets that are in the area. Lee Gar Lin's Ving Tsun school is in that area as well. When is your group visiting? Depending on the time, it is advisable to leave any red shirts at home. Just a tip from a friendly Central Floridian.

isol8d

What's the deal with the red shirt?

Frogman

As an outside forum observer it seems like 9dragons would be a loss to you. However it looks like wherever he went, he took Vixie with him. I'm sure that's a big plus. I'd take that trade off any day. Now if we could only find a rat to chase them away from this forum we'd be set.

nahbody
    As an outside observer I doubt you have a clue. 9D is one of the hardest MA students I have ever worked out with. As far as his relationship with Vixie that’s between them and where they train is their choice. It is a loss indeed but life goes on I will continue to train hard, how about you nahbody?
    RibHit
    “Being fast is fine but accuracy is everything.”
    Wyatt Erupt
    Feeling jumpy!!!
    Thread Killer...>>>
    Tommy M

nahbody..or whatever

look buddy, do i know you? my name is Jamie Hooper, used to be w/ Tampa school...who the FK are you? step up loser...let's go...i don't have the patience for chicken ****e...

...and if anyone has any questions....ASK ME.
    learn kindness, learn fellowship, learn kung fu