Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Wah Lum Kung fu in Orlando, FL

Does anyone know why not to wear a red shirt? I'm curious now, if no one tells me I will end up wearing a red shirt anyways to find out what happens.

I think he's referring to Gay Day or something to that effect where they all were Red T-Shirts. I think this started at WDW.

That's right ... I didn't know the answer to that one either. Point goes to woliveri!!

Red shirts are OK ... just don't hold hands with your buddies. Or ... it's OK to hold hands when you're at Disney, but you'll get funny looks downtown.

Then again, maybe not. This is a pretty liberal town, in some spots.

I'm gonna go put on my red shirt now.
    There is a great streak of violence in every human being. If it is not channeled and understood, it will break out in war or in madness. ~Sam Peckinpah

Hey Sam

Dare you to wear your red shirt at the biker bar next to the Temple... but then you could be very popular, being a girl I mean.

Vixie

Be thick skinned!

Heh, that biker bar isn't very scary, but there are some others in the area that it would be a challeng to wear a red shirt.

Yes, wolveri is correct, during the un-official Gay Days at the theme parks, they wear red shirts to show their solidarity. Just friendly advice if you're coming down here in the early part of June.

All right! I'll be sure to stock up on red shirts for the trip!

I like your style SSW, wear the red shirt, test the art! The biker drinking stablishmnt next to Temple might not be ruff enough, but there are some Florida cracker bars you shouldn`t go to.

It saddens me that the world of Walt Disney, condones the open act of ****sexuals! A theme park for kids and family. I`m not bashing our gay community, men holding hands with men in front of kids to me is just not right. I`m not a prude, I am a world traveler, NOTHING amazes me!

Train hard or go home!!!

Have the Bikers ever got drunk and stumbled into the Temple and try to start fights? That's wierd, that there is a bar right next to the temple, there is a big-time redneck bar in front of the school I train at, and another kickboxing place is right next to a pub in a stripmall. I wonder how many more MA schools have bars/pubs near them, this is strange may be it has to do with the southern states?

Yea, but we all have a way of gettin` along...

I’m with yu shan WDW is not the place for such a thing and I have a low tolerance for the hole **** thing. (Personal Opinion) I could care less what you do in your home but never mind the kids I don’t want to see men holding hands. I like to think I’m easy going and for the most part I am. The thought of Mickey and Goofy balling each….. Oh never mind. Go to Key West a more mature crowd and your know what your getting into if you go that way down there. This is the first I’ve heard of the red shirt thing, and I’m sure if you show up at the Temple in a red shirt they won’t give it a thought. (Don’t hate me cause I don’t hate you, just out of sight out of mind.)

Back to the main subject SSW, is this a Kung Fu Trip like going around to different baseball stadiums? I think that would be really cool and a great way to learn more about what’s out there. You can meet a lot of people at tournaments but you don’t get to see how they train. Taking a road trip and stopping at different schools a long the way almost sounds like a marketable idea. Anyway have a safe trip and rock on.
    RibHit
    “Being fast is fine but accuracy is everything.”
    Wyatt Erupt
    Feeling jumpy!!!
    Thread Killer...>>>
    Tommy M

Vixie,
    Hey J so you and B did leave. I have not been in this last month as I have been moving. I hope to make it back in this week. After a month of working on the not so new, new house I’m looking forward to doing push ups. I think it’s funny that I am finding out more about what’s going on from here then if I had been going down to the school. I had asked 9D to email me but figured he did not know who I was and declined, TM, no big deal I wish the best to the both of you.
    You should not get so mad about losers that come to the forum just to start trouble cause you gave them what they wanted.
    RibHit
    Wyatt Erupt
    Feeling jumpy!!!
    Thread Killer...>>>
    Tommy M

SSW, I don't think any bikers have come in to start trouble. Although I have seen one or two come in and take classes, now and then. I think Master Chan invites them!

Maybe locating schools next to bars is common in the south ... when I was about 6 years old I studied ballet -- the instructor had rented a back room from a bar owner, so to get to class we had to walk through this honkytonk full of bikers, rednecks, etc.

On the red shirts thing, WDW is kind of okay about holding hands, but they police "Gay Days" pretty well. 'Tasteful' public displays of affection, dress code must be observed, and so on. They enforce that with straight couples, too.

Couple years ago, one guy came in dressed like Carmen Miranda -- dress, fruit-bowl hat, high heels. Disney security steered him into the clothing store and gave him a complete "tourist" outfit for free. (Shorts, t-shirt, shoes, Goofy hat.)
    There is a great streak of violence in every human being. If it is not channeled and understood, it will break out in war or in madness. ~Sam Peckinpah

You forgot the black socks...tourists!

Carmen Miranda -- dress, fruit-bowl hat, high heels.....

Now that's a taste in fashion!!!

I was just talking to a co-worker about the red shirt thing and realized that the Tampa Bay Buc’s football team will training at the WDW’s Wide World of Sport facility this season….., 64 guys all in red shirts????

Pretty funny.
    RibHit
    Wyatt Erupt
    Feeling jumpy!!!
    Thread Killer...>>>
    Tommy M