Thread: Stretch marks

Question Stretch marks

Different kind of topic, i know

But i'm curious.

What are they?
    What causes them?
    And how do you combat/get rid of them?
    -I hate mankind, for I think myself one of the best of them, and I know how bad I am.

-The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

They are the skid marks left behind when you do the splits after not wiping your arse properly

Just kidding.

I think basically they are light scarring of the skin due to (relatively) quick stretching of the skin (like when women get pregnant, or when people go through growth spurts). I don't think there are any realy cures for them.

I got a bunch of them around my gut and around my shoulders because I grew really quickly (both upwards and outwards) between the ages of 12 and 15.
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Check out the health forum. There's a guy on there says that Vitamin E helps. Its on a thread called Destroy Free Radicals or something like that.

Check the Cosmetic Stores for:

"Stretch mark creams"

Also often available in baby good sections for new Mothers, next to the Milk pumps, etc.

I have heard vitamin e helps.
    It comes from either a quick expansion of the are or a quick shrinking. I used to weight lift seriously and got pretty big. Once I stopped, my arms began to shrink and now I have a few around the inside of my bicep.