Thread: crab style

hahahahaha.............loser kelvin.

Kung Fu Crab

Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Cook or marinate first

Man gets parasitic infections after swallowing live crab as ‘revenge’ for pinching his daughter
    Ryan General
    6 hours ago

A man named Lu from Zhejiang province in China suffered a parasitic infection after consuming a live crab that pinched his daughter.
    Lu, 39, sought medical help after he experienced extreme back pain two months later.

Dr. Cao Qian of Shao Yifu Hospital detected pathology changes in his chest, abdomen, liver and digestive system but was unable to determine the cause of the pain.
    Cao said he “repeatedly asked him if he had ever eaten game, or anything unusual, anything that could cause allergies.”

When his wife recalled the crab-eating incident, the patient finally admitted that he had consumed a live crab out of revenge for hurting his daughter.

Cao recommended treatments after a blood test revealed that Lu was infected with at least three parasites. Lu has since recovered.

A Chinese man ended up with multiple parasitic infections after eating a live crab that pinched his daughter.

The 39-year-old man, identified only as Lu from Zhejiang province in China, told his doctor that he swallowed the crab alive in retaliation for pinching his daughter.

According to local media, Lu sought medical help after he experienced extreme back pain two months later.

Dr. Cao Qian, director of the digestive system department at Shao Yifu Hospital, detected pathology changes in Lu’s chest, abdomen, liver and digestive system during the initial checkup. However, he was unable to immediately identify the exact cause of his patient’s condition.

“We repeatedly asked him if he had ever eaten game, or anything unusual, anything that could cause allergies. He said no to all,” Cao said.

The cause only became clear after Lu’s wife mentioned the live crab-eating incident to Cao. Lu admitted that he had consumed “something special.”

“I asked him, ‘Why did you eat a live crab?’ He said, ‘I wanted to take revenge for my daughter’,” Cao said. “He said, ‘When we were by a stream my daughter was pinched by a small crab, so I got angry and put it into my mouth for revenge’.”

The doctor then conducted a blood test that revealed Lu had been infected by at least three parasites. Following the doctor’s prescribed treatment, Lu soon recovered with just some additional check-ups required.

Crab is sometimes eaten uncooked in China, but it is marinated for hours in liquor and seasoning beforehand.

“Theoretically, it’s better to eat something marinated than completely raw because it has been treated with alcohol which can help kill parasites and bacteria,” Cao said. “But it can’t kill all parasites, so it’s not 100 percent safe either.”

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention advises against consuming raw or undercooked crustaceans as they may cause parasitic infections.

According to the organization, crabs and crayfish must be cooked to at least 145 F before they are eaten.

Featured Image via David Mark
    Chinese-food
    crab-style
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart