Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Evolution of striking/boxing. One for MPS?

Oh sorry--my boxing coach.

I agree that the nose and chin are acceptable, but there's always that nasty chance of missing--as one of our boxers who also bounces found out....
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

oh wait a minute, what's that technique called? ...

a palm strike? what's that?

Oh wait a minute they don't teach that in boxing must mean that it don't work........

Sorry.

You infuriating little ***** of a smart-ass!!!

"In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

.......or yeah, you know a phoenix-eye fist????

no dude, what's that? that's not in boxing either.......that **** can't be effective. Can't be worth a **** it's not in lau gar or kickboxing either.

shut up, ok.

Mutha fukin boxing rulz the world beyatches. It's ver effective.

oh yeah one thing about those old skool bare knuckle boxing matches that went a bazillion rounds.......the round ended when one boxer went down, so that was a common defensive tactic when getting pummeled, or so I've read..........

No-one ever said that strikes not found in boxing are not effective.

On the other hand, plenty of people have said that boxing is ineffective without the gloves.

So get out my face twat features.

yeah baby *punches the air*
    '"4 ounces deflect 1000 pounds" represents a skill potential, if you stand in front of a 1000 pound charging bull and apply four ounces of deflection, well, you get the picture..' - Tai Chi Bob

"My car has a lot of parts in there that I don't know about, don't know what they're called, haven't seen them and wouldn't know what they were if someone pointed them out to me .... doesn't mean they're not in there." - Evolution Fist

it's not in lau gar or kickboxing either
    Oh please! You pay £80 to learn REAL techniques, the forms come later in the class - it is tradition after all!!
    "Martial Arts will help lead to d@mnation – Yes, d@mnation!"

-Bible Truths.

i've completely lost track of who's on what side of this debate.

must be the allergy medicine...

[thump]

I think Ap, that we're all on the SAME side here

I'm not on anyone's side, I'll take all you fukkers on, one at a time.
    '"4 ounces deflect 1000 pounds" represents a skill potential, if you stand in front of a 1000 pound charging bull and apply four ounces of deflection, well, you get the picture..' - Tai Chi Bob

"My car has a lot of parts in there that I don't know about, don't know what they're called, haven't seen them and wouldn't know what they were if someone pointed them out to me .... doesn't mean they're not in there." - Evolution Fist

In these situations it's all in the timing. Too near the front of the line and you actually have to fight, too near the back and you're punching at soggy bone.
    "Martial Arts will help lead to d@mnation – Yes, d@mnation!"

-Bible Truths.

Wait...so two questions...

1. What part of their hands DO boxers punch with? 3-knuckle "sun punch" style, or front 2 knuckles like my very FIRST martial arts teacher told me?

2. What part SHOULD we be hitting with bareknuckled?

--
    Rev. T

I'm always told to turn my fist over and hit with the first two knuckles. I personally find I hit harder that way, but to each their own.

You'll find many trainers who say a hook to the body can have the palm facing you, rather than down.