Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Training to fight more than ONE person!!

Training to fight more than ONE person!!

How many people on here train to fight more than one person in a fight?

I have heard a lot lately about people getting into fights with people and having tons of friends ready to jump in. How do you handle this? I have my own experience with it, and I know what I did, but I am wondering how others handle situations like this....

~Wen~
    The greatest thing about me is that I know that I am the ONLY one that knows the truth about all! Damo lives within me, and me ONLY - for there is nobody that knows the truth more - so stick that in your pipe and smoke it sparky's!!!

Stacey Guest
    yo, I do.

I heard that Choy Li Fut specializes in this with its large swinging strikes. (Not that it is limited to this, but that it is so eqquiped.)

Oh, this is going to be good!!!

I already have my popcorn and soda for this thread
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Haven't done it in a while, but we used to spar 2 on 1, and sometimes 3 on 1. Any more than that we didn't do.
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

RD~
    Uh, I think you probably should pass some of that over this way! I didn't realize WHAT i was starting, until of course, i alreay started it!!!

~Wen~
    The greatest thing about me is that I know that I am the ONLY one that knows the truth about all! Damo lives within me, and me ONLY - for there is nobody that knows the truth more - so stick that in your pipe and smoke it sparky's!!!

Stacey Guest
    I dont' see what problems could arrise.

I think that the person fighting had better be quick and have the ability to profect people and spin them into each other.

I tried it a few times....I was wrong to say "I do"

I found it actuallly easier to get hits to connect than with one person. They don't know who you are gonna hit, in a one on one fight, there is no question.

From what I have found it has its advantages too. You can use the other guys to set "picks" for your escape, turn one into another, and its a lot easier to get supprise hits in.

~Wen~

Sure, but just so you know, I like my pocorn with a full stick of butter melted into it, and Macaroni & Chees Chees sprinkled all over it instead of salt (It's healthier that way )
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

RD...
    That's really disgusting. I can handle the butter...but the cheese...NASTY!! It was a thought though!!!

But seriously...I wanna hear what a LOT MORE people have to say about this. I don't think this is a bad question, it's actually kinda concerning that only a few have even posted on here. Because, I am thinking people either DON'T train for it...or they don't think the situation can happen!!! (trying to flame to get a response!!)

~Wen~

Ohhhhh, you don't know what your missing

Try it some time, it's the absolute BEST!!! my Dad turned me on to it, and I'll never go back to salty popcorn again!!

It's gotten so bad, that I will buy a box of Mac 'n Chees before going to the movies, take the Chees pack out of it, and pitch the noodles so I have the good stuff for my popcorn in the theater.

When I was younger, I did quite a bit of multiple attacker training, and so does my other half in her Kempo class. Bagua is supposed to be good for that I'm told.

For the Women:

+ = & a

I never train to fight multiple opponents. In my experience everyone waits kindly until you've finished with the one you're on before obligingly stepping in front of you, or attacking from behind with a TKD style right reverse punch. I've seen it happen heaps of times on movies.

Why waste all the effort?
    In combat you sink to the level of your training. You do not rise to the occasion

you are so full of crap straight blast...but it was funny!!!

~Wen~

I have done some sparring against 3-4 guys, and i (unfortunatly) also have some experience with this in the streets, this is my thoughts on the matter:
    MOVE, never stand still, im a capoeirista so constantly moving is natural to me, and this is the basis (IMO) to surviving mutilple opponent situations, if you get the chance to escape, do so.
    Improvise with anything you find as a weapon to get space and time.
    When you attack go all out on the guy your attacking, make it hurt his friends who see it too. And dont get grabbed.
    Use the inviroment, go through a narrow doorway to get them to attack one at a time, slam them into things, make it difficult for them to get your back...
    And think about running and escaping all the time.

More than one person.

I also think that if you have the opportunity strike first and not only the guy in front of you but a couple of his buddies too. You won't knock them out but it will buy you some time. This was a tactic used on the 4 on 1 clip in another post. He hit a couple of guys at once then dragged another one away from everyone else. Of course it could have been done with a lot more finesse but I think he had the right idea. If you are attacked first then as said before try to position the attacker between you and the rest of the gang. Keep moving!

What if you are using an art that has deadly techniques? Wouldn't you be able to dispatch them easily?
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Morning

I have never trainined for multiple attackers. Well, maybe a couple of techniques but nothing I can remember, so it can't have been that comprehensive.

I certainly wouldn't try to fight them all at once though. Or let myself get drawn into a battle with one of them, if I could avoid it.

Thing is, if it's a group of pi$$ed up lads outside the pub then they might be put off by you breaking their hardest mate's nose, but a group with more serious intent is just going to fu*k the majority of us up if we stand and fight, I think.

If a group of people *really* wants to see you on the floor, and you can't escape, I don't think there's too much you can do about it.

Maybe I'm wrong though.