Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Training to fight more than ONE person!!

The only successful 3 on 1 that I have seen on the "street" (actually a parking lot of a club) the dude that was alone tried to run, got in a tight spot, then started talking junk again with the dude that instigated (didn't understand this move at first, but then saw that he was just buying time). The three of them approached him, and were sort of all in front. The instigator and the guy on his right started to raise there hands as if ready to throw, then the lone guy punched the guy on the left of the instigator right in the nose, turned defended for a little bit, got one really good kick in (It def. looked like he was trained in Thai boxing or something) to the instigators knee, then took off. Ran like a bat out of hell I tell ya (lol). It was pretty funny actually, the first guy who got hit was so **** shocked, then the instigator was so dumbfounded that his friend got hit. But, thenagain, I think this guy got kind of lucky, he only hit 2 out of the 3, and he only got hit by a weak puch to the shoulder by the guy on the right. Anywho, the instigator deserved to be kicked, he was trying to fondle this dudes girl in the club. Just walked up behind her and started grabbing. Then when he was asked to stop, and slapped by the girl, he rounded up his troups and waited near the front door.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

Multiple opponent sparring is a lot of fun and is required training in our curriculum at higher levels. The first time I sparred more than one opponent I would just go crazy throwing stuff every where and getting hit more than my hits connecting. Now I always try to keep the opponents in each others' way and sometimes that means hitting one opponent then switching to the other. Of course, the more opponents against you the harder it is and the less chance of winning.
    Tae kwon do is not just a martial art, it is a way of life.

Multiple opponents

Honestly, besides practicing multiple attacker sparring in class, the next best thing is to go to a punk show and get in the pit. People running around you teaches you to become more aware of what's around you. You might get kicked, elbowed, punched, headbutted, rammed with forearms, maybe tackled, fall over people, it's pretty darn good at teaching you how to react to a bunch of people around you. Of course, there are fights occasionally, but they usually aren't too bad..most of the time people (like me) will jump in and break them up before it turns into a big huge fight.
    "I'm here to wipe the floor with your ass, and you know it, and everybody here knows it, and you deserve it."-Duncan, "Some Kind of Wonderful"

"I used to be with it, then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems wierd and scary to me. It'll happen to you!!!" -Grandpa Simpson

"Once while walking through the mall a guy came up to me and
    said 'Hey, hows it going?'. So I grabbed his arm and twisted
    it up behind his head and said 'Now whose asking the questions?'" - Jack Handey

"There's no doubt in my mind that we should allow the world worst leaders to hold America hostage, to threaten our peace, to threaten our friends and allies with the world's worst weapons."George Bush—South Bend, Ind., Sept. 5, 2002

My early draft on this is at "http://www.clearsilat.com/silat/Articles/MultipleAttackers.htm".

Figure I'll cite rather than cut'n'paste an overly long post.
    http://www.clearsilat.com

Absolutely correct wufupaul. It will test your balance as well. Generally the less amount of people in the pit, the more dangerous it is to your health. For instance, the pit at pantera shows were not near as brutal as the pits at sick-of-it-all or sepultura. Elbows usually are the thing to look out for. I really hate it when people crowd surf with workboots on too.
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

pits

Haha, E, I know what you mean. I've been kicked in the head so many times by boots, I'd imagine at least 100 times. I'm too big to crowdsurf, people just move out of the way if I jump, haha. You're definitely right about the elbows, some people throw em too high. I one time had to grab a guy and drag him out cause he kept hitting people smack in the head with elbows. I've been in a Sick of it All pit, and it was crazy..but I've been in alot worse ones than that. The craziest one I was ever in is was a Bad Religion show about 10 years ago..I saw broken arms, blood, dislocated knees, broken noses...well, more than at a usual show, haha. I'm pretty hard to knock down, cause I'm stocky and have a low center of balance, and I just absorb and deflect if people come in on me,
    "I'm here to wipe the floor with your ass, and you know it, and everybody here knows it, and you deserve it."-Duncan, "Some Kind of Wonderful"

"I used to be with it, then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems wierd and scary to me. It'll happen to you!!!" -Grandpa Simpson

"Once while walking through the mall a guy came up to me and
    said 'Hey, hows it going?'. So I grabbed his arm and twisted
    it up behind his head and said 'Now whose asking the questions?'" - Jack Handey

"There's no doubt in my mind that we should allow the world worst leaders to hold America hostage, to threaten our peace, to threaten our friends and allies with the world's worst weapons."George Bush—South Bend, Ind., Sept. 5, 2002

When I was in the pit at Rage Against the Machine I saw a guy get his knee folded inwards and break when a stagediver landed feet first on his knee. It was f**king sick. That is a really good area to learn SD against multiples. Plus at a lot of the Metal concerts I've been to *******s sew razor blades and stuff into their jackets. I've seen a few very nasty fights from that.

you are so full of crap straight blast...but it was funny!!!
    Touche', Wushuchik
    In combat you sink to the level of your training. You do not rise to the occasion

Yeah. Been there, done that.

It is a cardiovascular blitz! Talk about being on the move.

Going for the unbalance, quick 1-2-3 strikes, then moving on to the next. Of course, the 1-2-3 is done on the move. Targeting the vitals becomes essential, although in practise, not practical - funny that, eh?

We also go for more control. This is used as a 'breather' technique, where the One can cop a breath or two before tiger clawing the face of the 'shield' as you bound to the nearest fool close enuff to ya.

Being a CLF dude, the odd long arm movement is nice, but too tiring to maintain. Primary points we adhere to is 1) move fast while raking the face, going for the throat, grabbing the hair (adds a little control and distraction) 2) if you can draw blood quickly, all the better (psych affect) 3) try not to turn your back and keep at least one of the bone heads between you and the majority - of course this will depend on the # of whelps gunning for ya. 4) if you have your lightsabre, ya might as well use it 5) grunting and/or sounding like some beserk SOB is a good thing! Funny when practising too. Beserk.

In an encounter of between 2-3 attackers, you'll generally see just one real aggressor and one moron just lingering too far out of reach to matter. I prescribe to the get rid of the aggressor first. And get rid of him in a loud and messy fashion. That should stiffle the 3rd bloke and ease the odds. The 'aggressor' need not be the biggest feller, either.

I've fought 2 people, no more. It wasn't much different than what I said above and if you can drop Number One in 1-2-3, trust me, Number Two isn't that eager.

Realising of course that we train for a variety of situations, but when ya find yourself in the middle of a prairie blizzard with nothing on the radio but country...who knows whats gunna come your way

nospam.