Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fist patterns

Hi nospam.

I view it in the same context as I would review an example such as:

I graduate high school and therefore I will not return to grade one to do it all over again in an endless cycle of learning the same material over and over again.

However, revisting something to refresh the mind and extrapolating that which is useful is key to maintaining.

So, in essence I agree that when one no longer progresses with their practice they are in a mire of repitition that serves little or no purpose other than to repeat and repeat again.

Maintenance in Kung Fu is not only with the mind however. If you stop working out, you will forget, or rather, your body will be unable to comply when called upon to perform. So, refreshment and maintenance of mental and physical knowledge is a necessity in something such as martial arts. But complete revisitation doesn't really serve you optimumly in practice and growth.

peace
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Where ever I Am; today, West Virginia, US of A, NA, N of EUdMexico
    Blog Entries
    "But are we using this so called proficiency? Plus, why would I be tested in my use of a tool? Does it not make more sense to show or be tested on what the tool built?), "

A screwdriver is a tool. Yet a screwdriver is constructed by tools. The tool is also a result.~
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

Yes, so many tools.

nospam.