Thread: Faaaaaaaaaat

Faaaaaaaaaat

Hi,

How to reduce fat from stomch area ?.

Thanks
    Mcse, Mcsa Mcp

Run!!!

Do lotsa cardio! I have noticed recently that I have been oing well in the stomach area and with very few crunches. I just do lots of cardio, partly do to my job now. Also due to my job I haven't been able to hit the gym thus no crunches on the slant board. Not saying to stop doing crunches, just pick up more cardio and it should work.

Put down the knife and fork. Exercise more to build up muscle which burns fat cells. 'Nuff said.
    K. Mark Hoover

Post fat article

This article might help you out, it clears up some common misconceptions:

Click Here, yo

Hi,

Thanks to all.

Budokan please explain this in detail how this will be work.
    Mcse, Mcsa Mcp

there is no such thing as spot reduction of fat...
    Sorry for absense, lots happening.

Last time I talked to my doctor, I asked him why I wasn't losing weight as fast as I would like, despite the fact that I was working out (weight resistance and aerobic) plenty hard. He said, basically, "You can work out all you want, but if you don't eat less, you won't lose any weight."

He was right...I immediately adjusted my diet, and the pounds started coming off. Unfortunately, I hesitate to give actual numbers, because in the middle of it all, I developed gangrene in my gall bladder and had emergency surgery after 5 days of no food or liquid. After that, I was on a liquid only diet for a while. So obviously, that inflated my weight loss numbers, and it did so freaking FAST.

But prior to the gall bladder thing, it was changing the diet that seemed to kick stuff into action for me. I basically went on a low fat, high fiber, low calorie diet and still feel GREAT.

--
    Rev. Tim

Umm

I don't think I wanna know how you got gangrene in your gall bladder but good to see your okay afterwards.

I'm guessing you lost alot though. I had a friend that had his appendix out, lost lots of weight but unfortunately muscle too. Took a toll on his endurance for a while till he built it back up.

Yeah, I lost a fair amount of muscle, too...but on the plus side, I feel better than I've felt in years. Overall, I'm much healthier now for a variety of reasons, so all is good.

And since it *didn't* kill me, I think gangrene's a pretty cool thing to get, man. People in Jack London books die of the stuff. Prior to this, my doctor (mistakenly) diagnosed me with Irritable Bowel Syndrome, which I always hated. Not only is "bowel" a really embarrassing word to have in your disease, but "irritable" was even worse. You know? Like, Justin Timberlake gets "irritable." Martha Stewart gets "irritable." But GANGRENE...that's punk rock!!!

--
    Rev. Tim

Rev

your "irritable" response just may have made my morning. thanks. =)

Originally posted by ReverendTim
    Last time I talked to my doctor, I asked him why I wasn't losing weight as fast as I would like, despite the fact that I was working out (weight resistance and aerobic) plenty hard. He said, basically, "You can work out all you want, but if you don't eat less, you won't lose any weight."
    Oh man that's wrong. Unless you were eating like 5 pizzas per day your doctor needs to go study nutrition. Did you know that doctors only need one semester of nutrition (or something like that)? Anyway, I'm glad it worked for you, but let me tell you the real method behind weight loss.

To lose weight, you must burn more calories than you consume. That is the only way. 3500 calories = 1 pound. This can mean eating the same (provided you weren't gaining weight before) and working out more, or working out the same and eating less. Or, working out more and eating more. But if anyone says "you can work out all you want but..." they're an idiot. Sorry, that's just how it is.

Maybe your workout was faulty, or maybe your diet sucked. But taken by itself, your doctor gave some bad advice.

I'd write more but I gotta go.

IronFist
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Well, again, my case is a bad example because the DEAD ORGAN in my digestive system kinda screwed up the curve, as it were. And my doctor has proven himself to be an idiot more than once in the past (see the aforementioned DEAD ORGAN), so feel free to trash him all you want.

--
    Rev. Tim

ReverenedTim, I've never heard of that happening before. Are you ok now?

IronFist
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Yeah, I'm totally fine. I'm actually better than I've been in years. I had all kinds of digestive disorders that have completely cleared up.

I had the pain in my gall bladder several times over several years. The first time, my doctor diagnosed it as gastritis, even though I *knew* it wasn't that. The pain was just too much AND different somehow. But eventually it passed. Then a couple years later, I got it again, right after a particularly nasty fall in a judo class, so my doctor figured it for a bruised rib or something, which made sense to me at the time. I didn't even really equate it with the former pain.

Then in February, I got the pain again, and I have never, NEVER felt anything like this. Blinding pain so bad on a Sunday night I was puking my guts out like a machine. I thought it was food poisoning, because I'd just had some Chinese food from a new restaurant. But man, I couldn't puke enough...I was jamming my finger down my throat, figuring if I could just get it all out...

After about 7 hours, it went away. The next day I was sore, but I thought that made sense after all the barfing. That night, I was driving to teach a class and BAM the pain hit again, so bad that like my left eye was closing and I couldn't keep the car on the road. Luckily, I was by a hospital at the time, so I drifted into their emergency room.

They pretty much figured it for gall bladder right off the bat; my surgeon said he knew when I told him I was sticking my finger down my throat. He said in 20 years of medicine, a bad gall bladder's the only thing that makes adults do that. So long story short, they thought my gall bladder was filled with "sludge." I guess you get sludge or stones. But when they got in there, they found that it HAD been full of sludge, which had been squirting on out into my digestive tract for years, which is part of why I had so much trouble losing weight because my metabolism was all wonky. Anyway, the bad pain was the gall bladder swelling up and getting infected with bacteria that lives in the body anyway. The bacteria killed the tissue, necrosis set in, and then the gangrene followed. They had no idea it was that bad in there. Of course, the surgeon told me about it when I was coming out of anaesthesia: I'm all groggy and disoriented and then there's his big mug going, "Wow! Good thing we got in there! It was full of gangrene!" Like a day later, I went, "Wait...what???"

Anyway...I feel all kinds of better now. My IBS is gone, and all my theoretical food allergies cleared up too. And diet and exercise actually pays off now as well, so that's a bonus.

--
    Rev. Tim