Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Matter of Life and Death

Lightbulb A Matter of Life and Death

What if...

you knew someone with no ma background, and they were going to be put into some unarmed gladiator type death match, (yeah, i know this happens all the time.) and they only had one day to prepare for mortal combat. - what would you teach them?
    The more you know the less you need to show.

May you be filled with loving kindness.
    May you be well.
    May you be peaceful and at ease.
    May you be happy.

Prayer
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Copyright 2003 - African Tiger Inc., a Nevada yada yada yada. Any reproduction...oh, to hell with that round kick, my knees are killing me. How about a nice Iron Palm to the nuts, sonny?

African Tiger...I couldnt have said it better myself and with one word.....IM IMPRESSED!

But if prayer was too hard or complicated to grasp (they could be aethiest u know)...how bout teaching them where to press your finger on the pepper and capsicum spray, thats wasy and quick and effective right? teach em how to run...fast, teach them the number for emergencies...in oz land its 000, in the states its 911 etc..blah!

hmmm, or you could just teach a knee (uppercut style) to the groin...basic face defences, general strikes, palmes to the nose etc...ok, so im thinking with tkd mentailty here, but gimme a break, how much can one learn b4 the next day in a fight of martial skill anyway??? hmmmm?

Tae Li
    The difference lies in you.

"I understand now that fear is a normal reaction of the Human Body, so why fight it? Accept being afraid, but dont let it hold you back, keep moving forward and the light will shine at the end of the tunnel"
    -Tae Li.

Explain to them that they are going to die tomorrow, and the only thing they have left to live for is killing the other guy at the same time.

Then explain to them how to swallow their own tongue, and let them decide how they want to go out.

a normal person is quite capable of killing another human being without any formal training whatsoever. - especially when put in a life or death situation. - it's not frickin rocket science.

i'm just asking, given a very short period of time to prepare, what would be the 'one' technique that you, would coach that person to use?

that doesn't necessarily mean the person will win, or even survive, for that matter...

but, even a dog, when cornered, will fight back, rather than just lie down and die, like a pathetic mouse.

and, if the person is inevitably going to die, why should he not at the least, do everything in his power to give a little back?

- so far, there is one vote for the knee to the groin, from tkd boy... anyone else?

May you be well.
    May you be happy.

There was a tea ceremony master in Japan who had been challeneged by a ronin after a verbal dispute(the ronin had been disgraceful and was called on it by the old man). The tea master had until sundown before the duel was to take place so he went to the resident sensei of his clan and said, "Teach me to die well so that I might do honor to our lord(Daimyo)." The sensei, in reply, told him that he wished his pupils would come to him with the same attitude for that was the essence of his teachings. So he had the old man sit with him and perform his tea ceremony for the last time. Knowing it would be his final ceremony, the old man focused all his energies and was so intent upon this ritual that nothing else existed. After he had finished, he was in a state of complete relaxation and contentment. The sensei gave him a sword and told him that when the duel takes place, he is to lift his sword over his head and recall the feeling of his final tea ceremony, then, when he hears the kiai of the ronin, he is to strike down as hard as he can.
    The old man waited at the predetermined spot for the duel and when the samurai had readied himself, the tea master raised his sword, closed his eyes, and remembered the feeling of a few hours ago. Time passed and nothing happened. The old man opened his eyes and saw the ronin running away. Returning to the sensei, he was told that the expression on his face had been so clear and determined, that no matter what technique the samurai used, the only way to defeat the old man was to forfeit his life as well.

Don't remember where I heard that but it seems relevant to the topic.
    -ZC
    "Whole body become secret weapon." -Uncle explaining the benefits of Kung Fu.

"The thorn *****s only those who would harm the rose."

how to shoot fire balls from his eye and bolts of lightening from his arse.
    'i have a new found respect for crowbars now'

pause

'atleast it wasn't about sex'

Okay, if you are looking for a specific technique...

I would teach the guy to grab the other dude and bite him in the throat.

I would teach him the skill of:

"Buy a plane-ticket and look for a new Postal code."

Peace.

the story zen celt was in the movie king of the kickboxers , but its a well know story from diff books that talk about zen.
    But if i had one thing to teach them it would be that he should accept death now so that tommorow he has nothing to lose nothing to hold back nothing to be afraid of.
    If it was techniques i would show them one kick one punch 2 blocks and tell them to do it all day till they feint
    it is not the physical force which inspires the fear that makes men sick of
    soul so much as that which comes from the eyes, some subtle emanation from the personality as a gas that takes the strength from men's limbs.

Originally posted by MaFuYee

- so far, there is one vote for the knee to the groin, from tkd boy... anyone else?
    errrrrr, im actually a GIRL...well a young lady...lol. dont get it wrong next time huh?

Tae Li
    The difference lies in you.

"I understand now that fear is a normal reaction of the Human Body, so why fight it? Accept being afraid, but dont let it hold you back, keep moving forward and the light will shine at the end of the tunnel"
    -Tae Li.

WONGSIFU !

How are you ? I hope you are well and I wanted to thank you again Will you be frequenting this forum a little more so from now on ?

Its good to see you around Master Wong !

i reckon tell him to go in fast, with lots of quick palm strikes or punches aiming for the guys nose... once hes hit that, kick him in the groin, repeat until hes on the ground, stomp on his neck.

Wongsifu;
    any particular kick, punch, and 2 blocks?

Taeli;
    what is it with you girls, and the knee to the groin?!

one vote for palms/punches to the nose, followed repeated kicks to groin, followed by stomping the neck. - ged(?) (as in g.e.d.? - good enough degree)

i'd like to cast my vote for the "arrow kick".
    (since no one seems to want to name any specific techniques. - i'm assuming the person will have at least seen some sort of movie with gratituous violence, and will know how to clench his fist.)

May you be well.
    May you be happy.

Well, i would help the doomed soul escape and then face the consequences i guess.
    Forge Virtue and Honor in the hot fire of Hard Work

Expectation is the worst emotional disturbance - Yang Jwing Ming