Thread: dit da jow

dit da jow

Where do you guys get yours? I am thinking of buying some for my shins. Is there a good commercial source of it?

Since I do muay thai I think its a good investment.

Thanks Guys and Gals

Zheng Gui Shui

Hey mate,

I've heard Zheng Gui Shui is really good for bones, I got some and wasn't really that impressed with it to be honest. Try Woodlock oil (http://www.woodlockoil.com/) that's what I use, it's really penetrating and I've checked all the ingredients, nothing weird in it. The 'drug' in it is Salicyclic Acid which is similar to Asprin and the rest of it is basically just very penetrating, try it, it's really good. It also smells sooo nice which is good!

Let me know how it goes if you get any,

take care,

NPMantis

Sorry for being an idiot but what id dit da jow?

Dit Da Jow

It's an external rub for bruising. I normally use it after conditioning.

Btw, how is dit da jow spellt in pinyin?
    "Extra inch, extra power." -Tarm Sarm

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    in pinyin it is tieh tar chiew-um..I think A good store bought brand is 701. They also make an excellent plaster. Instead of being individual patches, it comes in a can and is one long sheet, which you can cut to the desired length. Tiet da jow needs to be messaged in -HARD, in circles outward from the center,breaking up the contusion then brushed towards the heart,then slapped,bringing in fresh blood-it should look reddish at this stage, and brushed lightly again. The bruise should clear up in a day or two if it became reddish, if not, repeat the process. The process for rubbing out a bruise takes ten minutes or more depending on the severity, but simply patting it on like cologne does nothing. Although it is applied topically, it is absorbed into the skin through capilary action. Also, you cannot tell which ingredients are the effective ones by reading the label-meaning, that to get into the country, sometimes the ingredients will say, menthol, eucalyptus, camphor, in a base of whatever-and the whatever or "inert ingredients" are actually the main herbs.

what works well for healing tendons?

I injured my right knee patellar tendon a while back and am in the process
    of recovering. Dit Dow Jow doesnt work for deep tendon injuries. Is there a
    chinese herb or salve that can help my tendons recover faster? Right now I
    am receiving acupuncure and physical therapy. Thanks folks.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    your acupuncturist should have a tendon and bone jow-unless he was trained in the US, and is not a Chinese herbalist. Too many US trained acupuncturists are crap. I would go to Chinatown, seek out an herbalist, or a good Sifu that might have a tendon and bone jow-some iron palm formulas are perfect for this-not all.

Right on TenTigers, couldn`t agree more! Good luck Mixx!

I've gotten some good jow from a friend that lives in chicago. he picked it up in chinatown. Another friend has a recipe his sifu gave him, and it's pretty potent too.

Yu Shan, where in TN are you?
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

thanks guys I will hit chinatown in san francisco

Yeah I agree. Many of the acupuncturists here dont know about
    a good jow for tendon injuries. I live fairly close to the chinatown in oakland
    and in sf so I'll ask around. Need it badly so that I can get my kicks and stances back into top shape. Thanks folks.

PINYIN

ten tigers actually just gave the catonese version again but a diff spelling...the actual PinYin of dit da jow is "tie da jiu"
    but i don't think you'll find much using pinyin since most ppl that do sell or make their stuff are cantonese .

thanks folks

I'll ask around china town. My sifu may even be able to get some for a price.
    I am really enjoying learning Choy Lay Fut. Its a challenging style with lots of
    techniques from both northern and southern shaolin kung fu. But the guy in Legend of Drunken Master who fights Jackie Chan in the fish market is a lousy
    Choy Lay Fut fighter.

Hey Seven

I`m in Nashville, so called music city. Where the worst radio stations I`ve ever heard, how ironic! As for jow, my massage therapist has a good recipe, he is an old MA guy like me. I also brought some jow back from Taiwan that a kung fu uncle made.

I've got recipes given to me by my Sifu for both bruise and joint. Both are reported to be effective. Easy to make and safe to use (at least no one has complained). If you would like a copy, just e-mail me at r_melius@hotmail.com.

Peace,
    Bob
    From One Thing, Know Ten Thousand.