Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bruce Lee this,Bruce Lee that.!!

Question Bruce Lee this,Bruce Lee that.!!

Who is sick of hearing about someone who tryed to buy Yip Man,and not even show hes respect to the old man in hes last days of life. I think the fight, Wong Jack Man vs Lee was a defeat to Bruce Lee.Who is going to belive someone who used drugs and had no respect for hes style or Master,not me.

Hey just my 2 cents.

Fair enough but Yip Man was a regualar smoker of Opium which led to his eventual throat cancer and death.
    Granted Bruce Lee didn't seem to care about his style but I think he really appreciated it and never forgot it for what it gave him. I think most of his classical bashing came from seeing American Karate-do people acting like robots.
    Train hard, live long and prosper.

Ok Ok--- I am going to see the Yip Man movie when it comes out
    with Bruce lee and Linda Lee in it..

Ok Ok---without Bruce Lee there may not have been a kung fu craze
    (what would have been so bad with that).

Ok OK--- magazine covers will continue to feature Bruce Lee
    till
    kingdom come.

Ok Ok- Bruce Lee really proved to the karate stars of his time that
    wing chun had more flow than karate.

Ok Ok- the distortion does not matter. bruce Lee was in Wong Shon Leung's classes and was not a direct student of Yip Man.
    Ok Ok- so BL's sil lim tao(see Yim Lee book which was really BL's book) was a muscled sil lim tao with little nim in it. But I still think that if they want to with good research and dramatic writing Yip Man can be a great movie subject with justa little hint of the Bruce Lee saga. His personal exploits were so many- barely touched upon in the standard stories. In the right writers hands
    they are great fuel.Even the very small story there in Victor Kan;s old site of YM dispatching a guy who was beating up on his wife outside the kwoon. His handling of some karate guys who dropped on on a private lesson.His early fights with others in Fatshan. The Japanese era. Being in trouble with the new Communist regime. Escaping. Putting Leung Shun in his place. Controllinga young tough...WSL. For human drama... his personal life... children--some unrecognized still...there are lots of stories that if properly developed could keep Yip Man as the main focus... and could be dramatic. Look what Robert De niro did with Jake Lamotta's almost forgotten story before The Raging Bull.

Yeah it good be good.
    But whats the bet there'll be at least one spinning backflip roundhouse kick in it though.

Re: Bruce Lee this,Bruce Lee that.!!

Originally posted by zipper
    Who is sick of hearing about someone who tryed to buy Yip Man,and not even show hes respect to the old man in hes last days of life. I think the fight, Wong Jack Man vs Lee was a defeat to Bruce Lee.Who is going to belive someone who used drugs and had no respect for hes style or Master,not me.

Hey just my 2 cents.
    Ok I don't know much about Bruce Lee or Master Yip Man but who excactly used drugs. I could'nt quite understand your sentence.

Bruce Lee's one inch punch

Did u guys know that after BL's famous one inch punch demonstration in Madison Square Garden, he get his arse beat by a few southern praying mantis guys since he said he was a southern mantis master. They were supposed to kill him but decided not to since he was a rising star that could provide them with funds.
    I do not racism against Chinese people.*

Where did you get that story?
    Stories!

You left off the ending! Where he actually turned into a giant (well, 5'2") praying mantis and bit off all their heads! Boogie boogie!

Yuanfen

You wrote:
    >>Ok Ok- the distortion does not matter. bruce Lee was in Wong Shon Leung's classes and was not a direct student of Yip Man. <<

Bruce Lee was a student of Yip Man. Some one found out that Bruce was Eurasian, (part German). The seniors got Yip Man to dismiss him. At that time Wong Shun Leung had his own school.
    Bruce Lee went to Wong Shun Leung after that.

Yes, Yip Man was an Opium addict. The reason the students were able to convince Yip Man to dismiss Bruce, whom he liked, was because he had the Opium problem and wasn't very responsible with the rent. He was given a stipend to live on from his seniors for his own good. They threatened his stipend if he didn't make Bruce leave. Yip Man asked Wong Shun Leung to teach him.

The last 10 months before Bruce left for the States, he trained with Cheung Cheuk Hing, (William Cheung), who introduced Bruce to Yip Man.
    Last edited by Phil Redmond; 05-21-2002 at 06:11 AM.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Phil

That's William Cheung's version of the story.
    Lots of stories.

Did u guys know that after BL's famous one inch punch demonstration in Madison Square Garden, he get his arse beat by a few southern praying mantis guys since he said he was a southern mantis master. They were supposed to kill him but decided not to since he was a rising star that could provide them with funds.
    No but I heard the one about the guy who challenged Bruce and Bruce riped his heart out of his chest and showed it to him before he died.

About both stories I say: "I smell BOOLSHEEEIT!"

Glad to see those brave PM guys decided on a multiple attack, in the unlikely event the story has any basis in reality.

Bruce Lee mightn't have been a saint. However, I reckon a significant number of people started MA training as a direct result of his activities. He mightn't deserve adoration or worship, but he does deserve respect. Many WC schools worldwide continue to use his involvement with WC as a hook in their advertising.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

anerlich

believe whatever you want. They teamed up because they were gonna KILL him, not to just beat him up which they did anyway. This is where Bruce Lee's famous letter comes into play, the one where he says that Yip Man had great skill but he can't compare to the fighters of NYC Chinatown. Bruce Lee got his arse wooped by many people no one knows about. William Cheung has a letter written to him from Bruce Lee detailing all of this information.

believe whatever you want
    That's my plan.
    William Cheung has a letter written to him from Bruce Lee detailing all of this information.
    William Cheung? Oh, *now* you're talking. He's *never* made any exaggerated or unverifiable claims about MA or WC history. And according to him, Bruce would have been killed about a dozen times before he left HK had William Cheung not been there to save him.

Man, I can't believe I've posted twice on this most ridiculous of subjects. Yeah, the joke must be on me.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

hmm

how do u know what William Chueng says about Bruce Lee isn't true? Were u in Hong Kong to verify or to denounce his claim? I doubt it. Post again.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Bruce Lee was quoted saying, "there are guys waiting on tables whose skill surpasses, dare I say it-Sifu," He was referring to Mark Foon, (Grandmaster Gin Foon Mark) who was a waiter in Chinatown, at Jook Lum a resteraunt owned by Lam Sang-BTW Mark Foon says that he and Bruce were good friends and trained often together. There are pictures of Bruce wearing what appears to be striped PJ bottoms, performing movements from Sam Bo Gin. There are a few different versions of this story, so I take each one with a grain of salt. At this point, I am retaining water.