Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bruce Lee this,Bruce Lee that.!!

fgxpanzerz wrote:

"I heard another story that Yip man didn't teach Yip chun sh*t about wing chun because yip chun was and is attracted to men. His butt buddy is probably that guy in all his books with him."

*There is no Rene. Understand that, then bend yourself.* Rene Ritchie

*I just meet what I would be if I wasd a hot women attracted to me* - Unity (posted on Kung Fu forum)

* You want more fight? (Jackie Chan)

One way to get the thread locked...

david
    Peace is not the product of terror or fear.
    Peace is not the silence of cemeteries.
    Peace is not the silent result of violent repression.
    Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all.
    Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity.
    It is right and it is duty.

dezhen 2001

TRUE.

fgxpanzerz

What does Yip Chun's sexual interests have to do with WC?How would you know and why would you care?Only 2 people know what Yip Man taught Yip Chun and one of them is dead.Everything else is just B.S.

You dont like Yip Chun's WC fine but personel attacks are not needed.

panzer

You're the one having the tantrum and taking it personally, not jmdrake. He gave a reasoned post indicating why he doubts your story. Then you come up with some unrelated boolsheeit about Yip Chun's alleged sexual proclivity which was totally uncalled for.

I keep wanting to believe you're not an immature moron, you keep shattering my illusions. You're on a losing streak, cut your losses and move on.

Might be a good idea if this thread got locked. It's f***ing stupid.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Re: jmdrake

Originally posted by fgxpanzerz
    jeez. why are u getting in a ****y fit. If u'd like to know the SPM guys' names, I'll tell u. Gin Foon Mark and Normin Chin. Always remember that Bruce didn't do anything for Chinese martial arts. It was the advertising companies that did. This has nothing to do with the yip man movie, which I know nothing about. It's interesting that u mention Ip Chun. He cashed in on his papa's death. I heard another story that Yip man didn't teach Yip chun sh*t about wing chun because yip chun was and is attracted to men. His butt buddy is probably that guy in all his books with him. Believe whatever you want and don't take everything so seriously.
    Hello fgxpanzerz,

Thanks for mentioning the PM names. Now I KNOW your full of it! Gin Foon Mark never tried to "kill" Bruce Lee. Actually Bruce trained under Gin Foon Mark and they had a good relationship.

http://members.aol.com/martyeisen/mantis/Lee.htm

And those who are trying to "cash in" are the ones making up BS stories about how they beat up so-and-so.

Regards,

John M. Drake

oh please

a lot of people keep saying this thread is stupid BUT all of you keep posting! And when u post, u post a lot. So who is really stupid?
    I do not racism against Chinese people.*

So who is really stupid?
    All of us I guess. But you more than the rest.

You asked!
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Nipples of fury

In Fist of Fury, Bruce Lee goes into the kitchen of his school, to find the cook and another servant discussing how they killed his master. But then, it zooms in on the cook's 2 bare nipples for about 5 seconds, while playing sinister music! Why? Does anyone understand this? I know this seems insignificant, but it really startled me!

xebby is no more, his creator dwells elsewhere
    LOL i havent seen that, it really happens in the movie?
    i gotta watch this
    "If you're havin girl problems i feel bad for you son
    I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one"

"If you can't respect that your whole perspective is wack
    Maybe you'll love me when i fade to black"

http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=OQSURMO&key=FMA

Bruce Lee will always be far more beneficial to martial arts than any of his jealous haters will ever be.

The legend continues.

Bruce Lee did FAR MORE than that.

He singlehandedly destroyed the image of China being the "sick man of Asia" and paved the way for Chinese families to emigrate all over the world.

It is because of Lee's contribution (sacrifice) that I can be proud to be an American. He is a hero to me because he paved the way for me to exist in this country without being mistreated because of my skin color.

Thus, Bruce Lee is my biggest hero. I shall never NOT defend him against those ignorants that stupidly try to degrade his importance.

Nipples:

You were obviously too transfixed by his nipples, you need to look lower.

Around his waist he's wearing a girdle like thing (Can't remember what it's called) which signifies that he is in fact Japanese, not Chinese as everyone had previously thought.
    Last edited by @PLUGO; 06-17-2002 at 05:13 PM.

Ahhhh.......well that does make sense. But it kind of destroys the magic. Thankyou for solving what i thought was another of life's great mysteries.

Bruce lee underestimated by WC Sifu /First generation JFJKD Practioner Pat Strong

BRUCE LEE
    UNDERESTIMATED
    by: Patrick Strong

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just the other day I received word from a European writer who has written a number of articles on Jeet Kune Do and, having known many of JKD's top people, is now completing a book on Bruce Lee and his Jeet Kune Do. I enjoyed the discussion, but there was something in te writer’s reporting that troubled me. It was the notion that Bruce Lee has been overestimated. Boy, how many times on different jkd forums have I read that very same thing.

My response was just the opposite. I maintained that Bruce was not overestimated but, in fact, that he was grossly UNDERESTIMATED! I went on to say that Bruce has never really received proper credit for the TRUE DEPTH of his KNOWLEDGE. What he has been credited for was an amazing exhibition of skills, breaking tradition, and the forming of a new martial art; and while these thoughts can be appreciated and are certainly true, they are, at very best, very shallow. In truth, Bruce had a scientific approach to martial art that began with a proven body of knowledge containing a host of pragmatic principles and startling mechanical advantages.

As a researcher, he was not only interested in experimenting with new ideas and concepts, but actually putting them to test and proving them out. As a young student of Wing Chun Gun Fu, he was driven to prove that what he learned in the kwoon would work in the street. In Hong Kong, Bruce Lee, his close friend and training partner, Hawkins Cheung, and a few other young men gained deserving reputations as "The Rooftop Fighters". When not fighting in the street, Bruce and Hawkins would meet go out of their way to meet other stylists on either a rooftop or is some darkened garage, as such fights in Hong Kong were illegal.

Whenever either one of them would run into a problem in a fight they would not rest until they figured out how to solve the problem. Fortunately, they had two wonderful sources to draw from. There was Wong Sheung Leung (Hawkins says he was known as, "Crazy Leung"), who was the most notorious battler of the Wing Chun clan, and one of the original Rooftop Fighters. Leung was older than Bruce and Hawkins, but he took an interest in them. Bruce and Hawkins, in turn, hung out with Leung to learn everything they could about real combat. Leung had been so respected as a fighter that even though he was a wing chun man, fighters from the other systems welcomed him as a referee even when fighting Wing Chun fighters. At the same time, Bruce and Hawkins would go to Master, Yip Man who, behind closed doors, would analyze their queries and give them special pointers to take into the street.

When Bruce packed his bags and left Hong Kong, he brought with him a unique fighting ability, based on a set of highly unique principles and mechanics. So unique were they, that martial artists in America would be amazed by his effectiveness. In 1959, Bruce gave a demonstration at Edison Technical School in Seattle where he met James DeMille, a former U.S. Army Heavy Weight boxing champion with over 100 fights in the ring. At 225 lbs, James was also a highly reputed and feared street fighter, yet he was no match for Bruce at around 135 lbs who could tie him knots and shut him down in an instant.

I remember when a karate sensei came over from Japan and challenged Bruce to a fight. After the fight, the Sensei explained