Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jet Li's "HERO" & Trailer

Jet Li's new film' HERO " and donnie yen!

http://www.jetli.com/jetli/projects/...ro.php?bw=high

This seems like it's going to be a good movie ! Finally a good movie by Jet Li ! It's entirely shot in Asia which means american directors aren't going to put a bunch of cheesy computer-generated effects.

Donnie Yen is also in the movie , which I find very interesting. It seems to be that when Jet and Donnie were in Once Upon A Time in China - they didn't talk to each other much. I suspect Donnie was being big headed but who knows.

In an interview with Donnie Yen I read awhile back , they asked about that movie and Jet Li.

Donnie said something like, " Yeah I worked with him in that movie. We had a couple fight scenes, that is all."

To me I would think that a star would add, " I didn't get a chance to work with him much but he's a nice guy and I love his work."

Hmm... do they got beef?

Donnie doesn't speak jets language

I think they didn't speak much was because Jet speaks manderin and Donnie speaks Cantonese. But that fight scene in Once upon a time in China has to be one of the best fight scenes ever made!

Hopefully Hero will be as good
    Don't concentrate on the finger or you will lose all that heavenly glory.

No... that can't be it. Donnie yen speaks mandarin . I'm almost sure of that.

Everyone that grows up in hong kong speaks both!!

Donnie studied in Beijing under the same teacher as Jet i tink, so i'm sure can speak both That was how he was first 'discovered' chilling in HK on the way to Beijing or something...

david
    Peace is not the product of terror or fear.
    Peace is not the silence of cemeteries.
    Peace is not the silent result of violent repression.
    Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all.
    Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity.
    It is right and it is duty.

Stacey Guest
    Jets acting keeps getting better. I think he plays ancient chinese better. In RMD when he give the "b-boy" vibe...that was totally wrong.

He's lived his entire life doing kung fu. He doens't know how to be elvis or a modern american cool guy. He's spent most of his life in old gymnasiums in sweats.

His life has been hard work and thats why he does period pieces better. I think that he is more like wong fei hong is his personal approach to life than he is "han" in RMD. I see him as someone with a great deal of nobility, honor and class beyond society. Like Russel Crowe in Gladiator...only with a Taoist side.

Thumbs up

Jet Li sucks
    Train hard, live long and prosper.

Thumbs down

My mistake...
    Train hard, live long and prosper.

Manderin

I believe Donnie Yen speaks manderin. That is the dialect his mother speaks.

Does anyone no his name in the manderin dialect? In Cantonese, it's Yan Gi Dan. Just wondering about the manderin name.

Peace

Je Lei Sifu
    The Southern Fist Subdues The Fierce Mountain Tiger

I may be totally wrong on this, but I think I heard Donnie Yen's name in Mandarin as "Yen Chi-Tan" or something like that. Sounds almost the same as the Cantonese....unless that is the Cantonese and I just misheard it...

Donnie did study with the Beijing Wushu Team but I don't think it was at the same time as Jet. Apparently, from an interview I read with Donnie, his mother Bow Sim-Mark got Donnie accepted in BWT as a courtesy to her. I guess he was kind of a troublemaker.
    "I'll use my bare hands...against any weapon!"

We are trained in wushu. We must defend the Temple!

Screw Jet Li and everyone who looks like Jet Li.

Ryu
    "No judo! NO NO!"

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

Attain your highest ability, and continue past it. Emotion becomes movement. Express that which makes you; which guides you. Movement and Mind without hesitation. Physical spirituality...
    This is Jeet Kune Do....

Donnie's name in Mandarin is Yen Ji-Dan.

Donnie Yen's mom speaks mandarin AND cantonese. My first sifu is good friends with Bow Sim Mark and my first sifu only speaks cantonese.

You guys, it's not the language issue!!!

Anyways moving on ..

Jet can play more than the kung fu roles!! His movie " Bodyguard in Beijing" he was smoooth. He was a pimp in a suit. He had a gun and kicked some as5.

He had that hot girl too. His bad english skills is holding back is acting skills

Can't everyone of u just drop dead? For real..
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Kristoffer: we all will one day - hope you'll be glad knowing that
    Urban Tea: i agree about BFB, i think time will tell though... can't keep doing such mad wushu forever...

david
    Peace is not the product of terror or fear.
    Peace is not the silence of cemeteries.
    Peace is not the silent result of violent repression.
    Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all.
    Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity.
    It is right and it is duty.

What did u people think I wouldnt arrive here at some stage??????

Firstly, one of the sole reasons why we are hoping HERO will be the next fist of legend (well for me anyway) is cos its entirely shot in asia.... no Hollywood hogas Bogas, not that China isnt capable of that

Not too sure about the dialects of Donnie Yuen....but I think you lots sorted that out...Jet is a def. mandarin speaker!

And the next person to say a bad thing about my man Jet is gonna get ARSE WHOOPING that aint ever gonna foget! lol

His acting has always been brilliant, ok maybe not, but work with me work with me people!

Tae Li

Jet's REAL lady.
    The difference lies in you.

"I understand now that fear is a normal reaction of the Human Body, so why fight it? Accept being afraid, but dont let it hold you back, keep moving forward and the light will shine at the end of the tunnel"
    -Tae Li.