Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jet Li's "HERO" & Trailer

All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

watch it Kris...that smile is pushing it dude

Tae Li
    The difference lies in you.

"I understand now that fear is a normal reaction of the Human Body, so why fight it? Accept being afraid, but dont let it hold you back, keep moving forward and the light will shine at the end of the tunnel"
    -Tae Li.

Talking

......must resist.... terribly powerful urge....... to make...... funny joke..... about Jet Li....

Tae Li......will be angry.... mustn't joke....
    "No judo! NO NO!"

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

Attain your highest ability, and continue past it. Emotion becomes movement. Express that which makes you; which guides you. Movement and Mind without hesitation. Physical spirituality...
    This is Jeet Kune Do....

No worrys Miss Li, I'll behave..
    Hey Ryu! Maybe we should stop posting here before any newbee starts calling us a troll
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

TROLL!

david
    Peace is not the product of terror or fear.
    Peace is not the silence of cemeteries.
    Peace is not the silent result of violent repression.
    Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all.
    Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity.
    It is right and it is duty.

Originally posted by Tae Li
    What did u people think I wouldnt arrive here at some stage??????

Firstly, one of the sole reasons why we are hoping HERO will be the next fist of legend (well for me anyway) is cos its entirely shot in asia.... no Hollywood hogas Bogas, not that China isnt capable of that

Not too sure about the dialects of Donnie Yuen....but I think you lots sorted that out...Jet is a def. mandarin speaker!

And the next person to say a bad thing about my man Jet is gonna get ARSE WHOOPING that aint ever gonna foget! lol

His acting has always been brilliant, ok maybe not, but work with me work with me people!

Tae Li

Jet's REAL lady.
    C R A P I was afraid of this, now you guys are Getting her real mad. After she goes ballistic on all you guys bashing Jet Li whose going to clean up the mess?
    Hope is the denial of reality.

We sail the seas, of negativity
    to banish kindness from this place
    (Sans scruples, sans humility)
    To behold the fierceness of wolves
    assailing ye saints thoroughly
    (Sans love, sans compassion)
    To behold the wails of thine in affright
    whilst evil preyeth upon thy hearts
    (Sans warmth, sans pity)
    To behold a world, darkly astir
    rising in madness and mystery
    (sans light, sans life)

LOL! I'm just glad i'm in the UK when the sh@t hits the fan

david
    Peace is not the product of terror or fear.
    Peace is not the silence of cemeteries.
    Peace is not the silent result of violent repression.
    Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all.
    Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity.
    It is right and it is duty.

Sorry for creating that debate

I heard donnie speak cantonese in some kind of interview once so I asumed that was his language.
    Don't concentrate on the finger or you will lose all that heavenly glory.

Angry

My post is really three in one.
    1) Tell the joke Ryu.
    2) Why the **** do you guys care what language they speak? Really, it's bloody retarded.
    3) Jet Li still sucks.
    Train hard, live long and prosper.

LOL! u boys are funny, but at least u know who is in control here very good, your well trained..hahahahahaha.

No, on a serious note, lets not prejudge the movie even if you dont like Jet, wait until it comes out and THEN bad mouth it...if you have the guts yep, you all lose.... AGAIN.

Tae Li
    The difference lies in you.

"I understand now that fear is a normal reaction of the Human Body, so why fight it? Accept being afraid, but dont let it hold you back, keep moving forward and the light will shine at the end of the tunnel"
    -Tae Li.

Sorry....I don't just "drop dead"...someone has to make me. Obviously, no one has been able to yet.

Christy Cheung is WAY hot! (That's the actress from BFB if you don't know)

Jet Li could kick your dad's butt! So there.
    "I'll use my bare hands...against any weapon!"

We are trained in wushu. We must defend the Temple!

Screw Christy Cheung and everyone who looks like Christy Cheung.

...................... uh..... you know what I mean.

Ryu
    "No judo! NO NO!"

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

Attain your highest ability, and continue past it. Emotion becomes movement. Express that which makes you; which guides you. Movement and Mind without hesitation. Physical spirituality...
    This is Jeet Kune Do....

Ryu,

I sure do and I sure would!
    "I'll use my bare hands...against any weapon!"

We are trained in wushu. We must defend the Temple!

Nowadays incredibly many people in Hong Kong and southern China speak Mandarin. Very small villages are of course excluded, but at least the younger generation speak Putonghua, because schools use it for teaching.
    "Extra inch, extra power." -Tarm Sarm

Wasn't Christy Chung in Tai Chi II? She is unbelievably beautiful.

Anyways, just to add some fuel to the Jet vs. Donnie thing ..

A couple years ago, Donnie came back to Boston (his hometown), and he gave a free showing of his directorial work Ballistic Kiss, and he was there to talk. It wasn't really advertised much, and there was a pretty small crowd---25 people or so. Somebody asked him, since he fought Jet in OUATIC II, who was a better martial artist in real life. Donnie just shook his head and smiled, and said "....ANY day....." But it was pretty good-natured, and he didn't have anything bad to say about Jet. I was impressed that Donnie Yen was just so upbeat and enthusiastic about EVERY aspect of filmmaking---he just seemed to really love the whole process. He seemed like a very friendly, down-to-earth guy.