Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Praying Mantis?

*releases tiger against shadowskill for ressurecting a 4 year old dead horse thread.*

style arguments are so 15 minutes ago.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

lol

ok this seems to me like its a northern vs southern thread, i think the question should be re phrased correctly for better understanding as it seems as though its being taken out of context,

oh an YES i do Chou Gar Tong Long Kune, an Lo Fu Do, southern Tiger form,
    thats correct what panther said, SPM, is quite a well rounded CMA style,
    using both internal/external.

Thumbs down David

What the F*@k are you talking about I didn't even start this thread IDOT!
    "All the skill in the world won't hold up to a real confrontation if you are too afraid to use it."

Quote Originally Posted by GAZ
    I thought i'd try and start a little discussion (not an argument) about which form of Praying Mantis or any other martial art is the most devastating or effective in a real fight, any thoughts?
    This was the original question. And my answer to this question to be more spacific is Jook Lum.
    "All the skill in the world won't hold up to a real confrontation if you are too afraid to use it."

For me its chow gar tong long only because thats what I practice but I have respect for most shaolin styles espcially, lung ying, hun gar, snake and pak mei

I also think that if you know a whole internal system and start applying an external style like wing chun or hun gar you would be a very powerful fighter

i know i dont get on here and post that much but to argue about this is dumb...of course the person that would respon to this ? would say the system they practice is the most devastating one...as far as which is more effective, is said it b4 on here its not the style that u practice its the person that is applying it no how much skill they have its all about who the better person is on that day

Question fu-pow

Quote Originally Posted by Fu-Pow
    Capoeira

I was hoping you could expand on why this is the deadliest style. It would seem to me that a style that was developed as a dance would be less deadly because they were not practicing all the time, but then again it could be deadlier because of having to learn dance moves and then just doing kicks and actually fighting when it still seems like you are dancing.

I love to watch the style but a style like mantis just seems more applicable in real life, and when talking real life i would look up phil redmond's posts on the jail fighting thatseems pretty real. But it does depend on the user of the arts most of all. Maybe if I mentioned bruce lee's name in here peopel would rellay respond to this thread
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

I dunno....I've seen some pretty deadly Capoeira Chicks.....

Yums

man you still around?

the only master around from way back.lol

Capoeira chicks with d!ck.lol.-very deadly i heard too

this is how you drag "panthermantis" back in,old boy----

hey panthermantis

"but if I take two individuals of equal size, strength, intelligence and guts"

no way could you find this but hey take me and you-ok i've got a unfair advantage as in you've got more guts,intellegence,strength and more muscular.you do Southern Praying Mantis Kung Fu and lets say i do girly wing chun.i would always bet on me.WHY i hear you cry,no way----however Grace with Finnese will always overcome your Power---the way or Tao.

no need to thank me or pay me that one was for free and now you have been enlightend,touched by purity-say hello to your mother for me will ya.

the one and only one, sui

Hi Sui,
    Grace and finness?

What, you haven't taken up MMA and Brazilian Ju Jitsu yet?! You know its the only path to martial greatness.....

Too bad for me, I'm just an old donkey that can't learn anything new....

Always nice to see you.

i'm suprised yum.....

Grace finesse vs speed and power ----you diagree?lol at your age com'on lol

MMA and Brazilian Ju Jitsu yet--maybe good for comp fighting but has real weakness in realty,not whole rounded kf,in my opinion--you do?i'm sorry foryour loss of integrity.lol

only wiser with age my old master.......

very good to read you,i saw you made a real stir and became top dog in the southern fist--me,i showed up got banned for going against your old friend sethos the prostitute.hahahaha

Sui,
    Since I have neither grace, finess, speed nor power, I wouldn't know enough to disagree. I have to rely on the fact that I'm just plain uglier than the other guys, and don't mind getting messed up, where all those pretty boys generally do.

Don't you know about Ugly-fu?

My old friend Cheetos, yea, not as bad as some. Way too proud, but he does have some knowledge. I suspect in his head as opposed to his hands. But you know, in these newsgroups, you never can tell.... It never pays to take anything seriously, as you taught me years ago Si hing.

Hows your apple farm? I'm coming to California next month, going on a tour of the states. Thought I'd stop in Colorado find out what I could about Futsan Pak Mei...

I practice wing chun and bjj and a lil tai chi. I think if you practice enough at anything youll get good at it maybe not awesome. Remember alot of people who fight also dont have any martial arts training it depends on attributes the fight of the person the mental attitude. If there was one system that was the best wed all do it but there aint so really does it matter what system is the most devastating? ,they all do somthing so umm yeh.
    Go hard or go home or some where else up to you

http://therandomandthefit.blogspot.com.au/

"Sui,
    Since I have neither grace, finess, speed nor power, "

----i'm sure you don't-liar

"Don't you know about Ugly-fu?"

----yes,md does it.lol

My old friend Cheetos, yea, not as bad as some. Way too proud, but he does have some knowledge. I suspect in his head as opposed to his hands. But you know, in these newsgroups, you never can tell.... It never pays to take anything seriously, as you taught me years ago Si hing.

-----true you never can tell,however i bet i could,around 98% sure i'd be,just like this viper thats just come on--load of cr@p to justify whats written.lol

Hows your apple farm? I'm coming to California next month, going on a tour of the states. Thought I'd stop in Colorado find out what I could about Futsan Pak Mei...

---i have many apples yum-but no farm-these are natural from the wild-presents wich i share to those who aren't afraid of d@mnation but know the truth of temptation.
    your trip sounds intresting enough,look at the grass and tell me how you feel?