Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Internal MA in Mass

Internal MA in Mass

Are there any practicioners of ba gua or other internal arts in the western Mass region? i train in external kung fu and I would like to experience the internal side of things. Any help would be much appreciated.

I.M.

I've heard that there's an old Chinese man who teaches bagua (and more) in Pittsfield, but I don't know his name. If you can't find him easily, let me know, and I'll get in touch with someone who knows. Or, you might check with the folks at the Hoosick Falls (NY) Kung Fu Club (not certain if that's the current name) and I think they can tell you.

I am Very Interested in the Bagua guy. You're not talking about Kwan Saihung are you?

There is a Xie Pei Qi Yin Fu style Ba Gua group in North Hampton Mass. Thats in the Springfield area, i guess.

Hey Crane.....

I tried to Email you but it said yours is Private. How can I get a hold of you??

Bill

I am also interested as I have been told that this same ba gua master comes to Boston every Sunday and teaches free on the common. While North Hampton is near Springfield, it is probably closer to Amherst. Also, if I'm not mistaken, there are some chen stylists in the area. If I could get any information, as I study ba gua. Also, let me know if I can be of any help.
    Walter
    The more one sweats in times of peace, the less one bleeds in times of war.

Yes, it's Kwan Saihung in Lenox, and yes, he does teach on the Boston Common on Sunday mornings. If you want more info, you can contact paifamily@empireone.net (Hoosick Falls Kung Fu Center)

TaoBoxer, let me know if you got my email or not.

PLCrane
    Thank you very much, I have been trying to find out definitive info on him for months now.
    Good training,
    Walter

Where and when on the Common?

I'd love to get down with some of that.......

sdfsd

There is kay chi leung in cambridge mass who is a disciple of liu yun chiao he runs the jiann shyong kung fu club

correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't kay chi leung a linegae disciple in baji as well? I have been interested in him off and on for years, but from what I have been told by some of his students, he is very reluctant to teach anything beyond external movement or forms, i.e., no nei jia skills. While I respect his knowledge, and do not question his judgment as to who and what he will teach, life is too short to wait around for benediction and acceptance.
    Good training,
    Walter

ASDSA

Yes he is also a lineage disciple in baji and also in pikua zhang and if liu yun chiao he also learned mi-tsung from liu yun chiao. You description of kay chi leung is also fair.

ma in mass

I actuly live in AMherst MA, and train in Ba Gua Zhang, a chinese internal martial art. It's very different from other styles
    If we look at the world we see arts for sale. Men use equipment to sell their own selves. As if with the nut and the flower, the nut has become less than the flower. In this kind of Way of strategy, both those teaching and those learning the way are concerned with colouring and showing off their technique, trying to hasten the bloom of the flower. They speak of "This Dojo" and "That Dojo". They are looking for profit. Someone once said "Immature strategy is the cause of grief". That was a true saying.

I train in NoHo Mass, with Danny. North Hampton is about 30 mins from boston. He Jin Bao is coming over from china in the next few weeks. He is the best MAist I've ever seen. And I've seen quite a few. If anyones intrested, get a hold of me.
    If we look at the world we see arts for sale. Men use equipment to sell their own selves. As if with the nut and the flower, the nut has become less than the flower. In this kind of Way of strategy, both those teaching and those learning the way are concerned with colouring and showing off their technique, trying to hasten the bloom of the flower. They speak of "This Dojo" and "That Dojo". They are looking for profit. Someone once said "Immature strategy is the cause of grief". That was a true saying.

train with whom?

I'm interested....hook me up.....