Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pak Mei Website

Pak Mei Website

Yikes

Those video clips were embarrassing.

hahahahahhahahahahaha............................r eally.......???

Unhappy

What the h*ll was that stupid Sh*t?
    " Better to be a warrior in the garden than a gardner at war."
    "Ni hao darlins!" - wujidude
    "I just believe that qi is real and good body mechanics have been masquerading as internal power for too long." - omarthefish

"bring out your dead"

Well, this is exactely what the forum needed after a quiet lull.

Let the rockets fly !

(For information: I have actually visited this school)

Not only were those clips embarassing, the image jumped around. I guess it was the power of tremor.

Thanks for the chuckle Fire Hawk.
    Me fail English? That's unpossible!

On the lineage page (http://www.dryqwong.com/kungfu/lineage.shtml), is the picture at the bottom Cheung Beng Fat or Cheung Beng Lam?

Reason being is another site has the same picture (http://www.best28.com/pakmei/e4.htm) and it says it is Cheung Beng Lam. This site is Cheung Beng Lam's site so I assume this is the correct one!!

Surely Dr Wong knows his Sifu?!?

third degree-

that is Cheung beng lam. looking at that type of "so called" bak mei, it doesn't suprise me he doesn't know who his sifu is.

What do people make of the people at this site http://www.pakmei.net as their lineage - http://www.pakmei.net/lineage/ - comes from Ng Nam Ging which is where Dr Wong learned his Pak Mei.

They say that they are genuine Pak Mei practioners as "One special student was given a copy of the styles manuscript which was copied and given back to his sifu. This book stems from Cheung Lai Chun and contains the sets, medicines, lists of todei and other important information. We have this manuscript."

From reading this and other written articles on their website, you would say they might be the real deal.

Are they?

Oh yeah, they have a nice dig at Dr Wong with " Anyone claiming to come from him [Ng Nam Ging] would have to be todei. Holding up placards as evidence of a teaching license is NOT Pak Mei!!

Poor Dr Wong, getting abuse left right and centre!!

Thumbs down

I'm going to make this short for now because I haven't been to this board in awhile and I'm on the way to bed.

guohuen-dissipointed with you,I usualy agree with most of your posts(BTW,did you ever go to school in Na-Thrang?),tisk,tisk.

MantisWill-If you're embarressed,then hide your head,the info you give on your profile shows you have very little knowledge,so you get a BIG X-out.

begby-Are you in NYC??
    You claim to have seen "Real Bai Mei",from who?
    Does the name Chen(Seuy)Dor ring a bell?
    It does with me,I've crossed hands with him,when he came to visit Dr.Wong with three of his students two years ago,I don't think he would give you the time of the day,but then again I'm just guessing like you based on what you've said(he's in NYC,ask him about Dr.Wong),come visit and find out for youself.
    I've just dropped a dime on somebody(Chen Dor),your turn Mr. Real Pak Mei,you need to change your name to clueless,"fraudulent schools",once again,come find out for yourself,or just keep amusing yourself and others with your BS.

"Oh yeah, they have a nice dig at Dr Wong with " Anyone claiming to come from him [Ng Nam Ging] would have to be todei. Holding up placards as evidence of a teaching license is NOT Pak Mei!!"

Well,I have seen a class photo(late 1960s),Dr.Wong is seated to the right hand side of Ng Nam King,one other was to the left,the rest of the class were standing,go figure.

These insults are based on show demo videos,you people have alot to learn.

I have been a friend,student of Dr.Wong's since 1985,if you wish to insult him based on ignorance(which is what this thread boils down to) then so be it.

His website is run by a student,maybe the site needs to be refreshed,Dr.Wong does not bother himself with trival matters,he's much to busy,if you want to stir the pot come here yourself,I'd be glad to meet you at the airport,he's easy to find.

Smile

Thanks Tnwingtsun. I need to not post when I'm in a foul mood. I have a tendency to say stupid things. Yea, but only spent a little over 90 days there. (Na-Trang)
    " Better to be a warrior in the garden than a gardner at war."
    "Ni hao darlins!" - wujidude
    "I just believe that qi is real and good body mechanics have been masquerading as internal power for too long." - omarthefish

Originally posted by tnwingtsun

"Oh yeah, they have a nice dig at Dr Wong with " Anyone claiming to come from him [Ng Nam Ging] would have to be todei. Holding up placards as evidence of a teaching license is NOT Pak Mei!!"

Well,I have seen a class photo(late 1960s),Dr.Wong is seated to the right hand side of Ng Nam King,one other was to the left,the rest of the class were standing,go figure.

These insults are based on show demo videos,you people have alot to learn.

I have been a friend,student of Dr.Wong's since 1985,if you wish to insult him based on ignorance(which is what this thread boils down to) then so be it.

I just saw the quote (and another about people saying "tremor power" to proclaim themselves as pak mei practioners) and I assumed it was highlighting Dr Wong and the website. Most people would assume this, as the quote does not discount anyone or implicate anyone so it is open to interpretation. I'm glad you have set the record straight.

The main theme of this thread is that the videos of Dr Wong and his tremor power look, on the basis of video evidence only, a bit false - some even questioning his pak mei based purely off video evidence, which is misguided.

"ignorance" is a lack of knowledge and I don't profess to be great-shakes at Physical Dynamics but the people on those 5 videos seem to jump voluntarily as opposed to falling under the action of an external force. This is what has prompted the jibes.

Look at the woman in clip 5. She clearly forgets to fall down and then falls down in an unconvincing manner whilst remembering to fall and getting the stare-glare off Dr Wong.

In clip 2, Dr Wong is strong enough to stand in the same place whilst being confronted with 11 people pushing his way but in clip 5 with only 2 people in front of him, Dr Wong almost falls over backwards. Falling over may be an over exaggeration but he takes 2-3 steps back.

If these clips are genuine and Dr Wong was my Sifu, even I would say these clips to the untrained eye look a bit false.

Dr Wong must be a good pak mei practioner as, if you know your real pak mei history, Cheung Beng Fat was his Sifu.

I'll address this in a few posts,the grills ready and its time to char some mammal flesh.

guohuen-You're welcome(And thank you,I had a Uncle that was an instructor/MACV Recondo),I need not post when I'm sleepy,I have a tendency not to be as clear as I should.

Third Degree-"If these clips are genuine and Dr Wong was my Sifu, even I would say these clips to the untrained eye look a bit false."

I agree,I've been bounced off by him many times,nothing false about it.

" Look at the woman in clip 5. She clearly forgets to fall down and then falls down in an unconvincing manner whilst remembering to fall and getting the stare-glare off Dr Wong."

Ah,but L_ _ _ does not because he absorbed the force that came his way,no "stare-glare" at him.

"stare-glare",think about this statment,your statement reguarding someone you've never met,your interpretetion.
    Webster's dictionary defines "Glare" as 1: a harsh dazzling light
    2: an angry or fierce stare.

You see words mean things,I saw no angry or fierce stare.

Be back latter to finish.

Thumbs down ****

Well im not bak mei but i will say this if he isnt reconised then why hasnt he been shut down?

Bak Mei fighting Bak Mei, its a shame! I have spoken to Dr Wong on the phone and through email about this tremor ging as i too was alittle if'y about it!
    He has invited me to visit him and he will even look after me, i can say this he has a very kind heart and the mpegs dont show any justice.
    As don said maybe u should visit and see 1st hand, cause thats what i am gonna do in september hopefully.

Don,
    save me a kangaroo steak buddy?

About the mpegs, there is a hsing yi teacher doing the same but yelling as they bounce of him in all sorts of positions, standing sitting,attacks from the front,side and back! Can this be true? Is tremor ging true?

Taiji has different types of ging and claim un-natural stuff as well!

anyways just my 2 cents worth!

FT- Garry

TIger Hand and Hai_To

Come visit me,nuff said
    Last edited by tnwingtsun; 05-25-2002 at 11:05 PM.