Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ng Yim Ming - famous Tibetan Hop Gar leader and Chinese Army General

diego Guest

Ng Yim Ming - famous Tibetan Hop Gar leader and Chinese Army General

seeking info.....

HopGar Guest
    goto www.hopgar.com, got some info there....goto http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/9358/tibetan.html its comprehensive history of Tibetan Lama.......just my two cents.

Zvika

"There is a fine line between coincidence and destiny"

diego Guest

heres a quarter

if you decide to email todd4@angelfire.com
    can you tell me how you got into kf,and hg.
    what kind of warmup basic drill conditioning do you guys do;why is your sifu a name on the tip of my tongue??,do you know anything about david chin hopga sifu i have his book and got a bit of history from his site,his teacher is harry wu,my teachers teachers teacher.............

handsome Guest
    Sifu Ng Yim-Ming used to teach kungfu in San Francisco, Chinatown. But he was killed during 1960 SF gang war, soon after that his students all disappeared and the only one loyal student by the name of * Tony * , he might be still around somewhere in New York, hop gar kungfu was gone with sifu Ng forever... at least in this side of Pacific ocean!!!

diego Guest

handsome could you please give me more info

at least tell me how you know that,david chin says he was taught by ng yim ming,i think he teaches in new york, i read he was killed in 1972,and alexander "kaito"polintain learnt from him,now in kaitos bio it states he moved to sanfrancisco in 1968 so how long he studyied from harry????????????????and kaito would have been 24 at the time of harrys death.kaito was killed in the late 80s i think,same situation kaidos students as harry....i have had some kaito trix for the last 8yrs if you could give me any info of the historical characteristics of hopga,,much apreciated....my techniques are a mix of i think 7* mantis and hopga from a kajukenbo perspective with a bit of philipino flavor.....

handsome Guest
    I used to live in SF, many of Sifu Ng's students were into gang war and this was a well known history in chinatown community. If you wish to know more about Sifu Ng's pass. you may contact Sifu Ng 's famous movie star student by the name of * Kim Tung *, He was a hop gar student under Sifu Ng... Kim Tung might be still living in Hong Kong, there're no one teaching hop gar kung fu in SF and I have talked to some of my kungfu friends there!!!

diego Guest

CAN YOU GIVE ME INFO ON KIM TUNG

Is he a kung fu or just general asian movie star,havnt heard of him,can you think of any keywords besides that name so i could general search and find an email address hopfully.
    thaanx.....do you think he would know english,do you have any idea what harry studied and how old he was at his passing..thanx :cool:

handsome Guest
    Kim Tung was a famous kungfu star back in 1970-80, I dont know if he hnows English or not and I dont really know who's harry??? There're only one person left in SF , name Liu Kua-Wai, he might be the only one hnows more about Sifu Ng and hop gar, but he wont talk to no strangers... also he was a very secret person himself. sorry , cant help you anymore!!!

diego Guest

THANX APRECIATED

man this is gonna be a journey i have bin studying these methods since i was 14 am 23 now,its my thinking im not evn financially secure so these next twenty years are gonna be hella interesting first im lookin for harrys student and im getting links to his students in ottawa and montreal then im looking for general ma that relate to lama
    now you got me emailing hong kong and knowing without a doubt the gentleman in sf most definatly probably wouldnt talk to me.....

from what i gather harry was ng-yim-mings nickname...thanx again hope to chat soon.....

HopGar Guest
    well, good luck with this...I'll help if I can.

Zvika

handsome Guest
    KIM TUNG means Golden Child in chinese and hope this will help. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by HopGar View Post
    goto www.hopgar.com, got some info there....goto http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/9358/tibetan.html its comprehensive history of Tibetan Lama.......just my two cents.

Zvika

The information regarding Ng Yim Ming's family and immigration to the United States at these two websites are not accurate. The reason I know this is because I am his grandson through his second wife Fannie Lee, who is now 103.

Lawrence
    Last edited by ljeung; 06-07-2009 at 11:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by diego View Post
    what kind of warmup basic drill conditioning do you guys do;why is your sifu a name on the tip of my tongue??,do you know anything about david chin hopga sifu i have his book and got a bit of history from his site,his teacher is harry wu,my teachers teachers teacher.............
    Technically, Harry Wu's name according to his immigration and vital record is either Ng Yim Ming, Harry Ng, or Wu Jan Ming.

Lawrence

Quote Originally Posted by ljeung View Post
    Technically, Harry Wu's name according to his immigration and vital record is either Ng Yim Ming, Harry Ng, or Wu Jan Ming.

Lawrence
    Thanks for sharing, Phil Gelinas Kaido's black belt who learned some of your grandfather's techniques mentioned Alexander "Kaido" Polintain's father who's name I don't know was the one that helped him with his paperwork coming to America...in exchange he taught Kaido...or something, it's a cool little mystery in my household

Do you train Hop Gar?

James

ps

do you have the sword master film he starred in? I would love to find it on youtube...
    Last edited by diego; 06-08-2009 at 12:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by diego View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by handsome View Post
    Sifu Ng Yim-Ming used to teach kungfu in San Francisco, Chinatown. But he was killed during 1960 SF gang war, soon after that his students all disappeared and the only one loyal student by the name of * Tony * , he might be still around somewhere in New York, hop gar kungfu was gone with sifu Ng forever... at least in this side of Pacific ocean!!!
    Actually, my grandfather was killed on 1972, specifically on the evening of March 13, 1972, at his Kung Fu studio (now the Kongming Glass Co. and Powell Florist) at 1230 Powell Street, Chinatown, San Francisco. My grandmother Fannie, father, little sister, and I were eating at the Asia Garden Restaurant (now called the New Asia Restaurant) about two blocks away, on 772 Pacific Avenue; and my mother and two maternal uncles were working there at the restaurant that night. Ironically, but sadly, my grandfather's wake was at Cathay Wah Sang Mortuary (now a park) across the street from his studio.

Lawrence
    Last edited by ljeung; 06-08-2009 at 04:19 AM.