Thread: Steroids and Fat Burning

Steroids and Fat Burning

Muscles burn fat. Steroids build up muscle. What are benefits/downside to taking steroids to build up muscle to burn fat? I realize it may not be the safest diet program out there, but I'd still like your input.

Thanks!
    K. Mark Hoover

downsides

downsides is your muscles tighten up a lot, ur balls shring into ur stomach and u grow ti.ts

i cna't think of a whole lotta upsides...when my balls are missing and i hav 8008s haha.

Muscles burn fat. Steroids build up muscle. What are benefits/downside to taking steroids to build up muscle to burn fat? I realize it may not be the safest diet program out there, but I'd still like your input.

I think there might be a falacy here, please help me those who are biologically tuned.

Muscles burn fat, true. Steriods don't create muscles. They help your recovery, and increases your tolerance to training. Also, muscles gained by steriod usage to increase tolerance to lactic acid works in the area of anaerobic intensity, which causes the replensihment of glycogen, but not neccesarily encourage the thickening of muscle fibre and increase nerve health. In other words, steriods in most cases encourages the building of MORE fat.

OK OK I am full of bs, the real reason is, taking steriods makes your knob smaller

It's far too complex to go into here. But, there are a few things I should point out:

1. As mentioned above, steroids do not equal huge muscles. It's more like this:

hard core correct training + hard core eating + hard core KNOWLEDGE + steroids = huge muscles

2. Steroids do not make your muscles "tighten up a lot."

Each steroid has varying androgenic and anabolic properties. Androgenic means promoting secondary male sex characteristics, things like fat deposits around the nipple (gynocomastia aka b*tch t*ts), baldness, more body hair, etc. In other words, these are the unwanted side effects of steroids. Anabolic means promoting muscle, things like increased testosterone.

Some steroids are very androgenic and not very anabolic. These suck, so you should avoid them. Others are very anabolic and not so androgenic. These are better.

Other steroids can increase your metabolism a bit. But for increased fat burning, some bodybuilders use a substance called DNP. DNP used to be a legal OTC (I think) fat burner in the 1920's or so, but it later went off the market because the difference between an effective dose and a lethal dose was very small. I guess people were dying from using too much.

Anyway, DNP is rather hard to get now. I think it's used for storing some construction chemical or something... in other words, you have to know what you're doing to obtain some. It's potent stuff. When it's in powder (I think) form, the fumes from it can stain your walls yellow. In fact, when your on it, every liquid that comes out of your body is yellow. You will stain your shirts yellow with sweat, your pee and other secretions will be yellow.

DNP kind of super charges your metabolism. I've heard reports that it can give you an up to 50% increase in metabolic rate. As a result, people on DNP become very hot. You will wake up in a puddle of sweat every morning, even if you sleep with fans blowing on you. Anything you wear will most likely be ruined with yellow sweat stains. Take too much and your body will cook itself and you will die.

The reason I talked so much about DNP is cuz you mentioned fat burning.

As I've also mentioned before, it is possible to burn fat and build muscle while on drugs, but only if you do it right.

Budokan, if you're even considering using steroids, take the first 6 months to a year to research it. Read absolutely everything you can. The right cycle of steroids can help you make dramatic improvements. The wrong cycle can destroy your liver and do other stuff as well. You need to learn about things like "deca-d.ick" and "sustanon flu."

The best place to begin is by reading the back issues at Anabolic Extreme. Absolutely the best bodybuilding site/mag in existence. There's also two message boards there, one for drugs, and one for everything else. The people there are very knowledgable and helpful provided you have done some research first. They hate it when someone goes "hey, i wanna get hyoooge, what steroids should I take?" They would be much more helpful if you asked "Hey, my goals are _____. Based on what I've researched, I'm considering a 16 week cycle of testosterone at ___mg for the first 8 weeks and __mg for the last 8 weeks along with __mg of deca from weeks 4-16. I've also got ___ tabs of clomid on hand (very important) to help bring my balls back online when I come off the juice. What do you think?" or something. Then you will get a ton of help.

I think in one of the back issues there there is this guy's DNP diary where you can read his daily logs about when he was on DNP. Very interesting.

btw, I do NOT recommend that anyone use DNP.

Good luck,

IronFist

The above is for research purposes only.
    Last edited by IronFist; 05-30-2002 at 10:29 PM.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

I honestly don't plan on taking steroids. I just thought I saw a realtionship here between steroids, muscle building and fat burning, but you've answered my questions satisfactorily.
    K. Mark Hoover

Glad I helped

I've never juiced either, but I do find it interesting to read about them (from reliable sources, that is).

IronFist
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Ironmind---clomid is the gonadotropin, right? Keeps the "boys," from getting smaller, correct?

I've heard Clen promoted fat loss... is that true?

Isn't it funny how changing a cyclohexane ring into a benzene ring turns a perfectly useful testosterone analog into a estrogen analog?

Lovely world that, ****ing with your internal chemistry....

DNP--Dinitrolphenol, I think. That would explain the fumes
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli