Thread: Question on leg stretching machines

Question on leg stretching machines

I am working on building my leg flexibility so that I can do splits and higher
    kicks. How good are those leg stretching machines that are sold on the martial arts sites and magazines? Do they actually work ? Are they safe? If they are good then I would like to hear your experiences. Thanks

Scott

no good

those leg machines are a waste of money...what is the point? just stretch URSELF and put a little effort into it, u kno what im saying? the machines don't work. just stretch urself. i donno how mahny times i can emphasize that~

Try using a couch or something to hold one of your feet in place while you stretch. This might make it easier.

If you're stretching on the ground, just avoid slippery floors and you should be ok.

Or, you can always stretch by putting a leg up on something high and just progress to higher things over time.

IronFist
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Good qualty machines will work if used correctly but obviously can do more harm than good. Have used one in the past and achieved my best stretch whilst using it regularly. However this may simply be as you're more likely to stretch having spent out money on the machine!!!

All that said I wouldn't recommend anyone buys one, you can achieve just as good a stretch without them.

thanks I'll save my cash

And use conventional martial arts stretching methods, yoga and dynamic stretching methods.