Thread: Wing Chun/JKD- A comparison

Wing Chun/JKD- A comparison

Has anyone had a look at this book? It's got William Cheung representing Wing Chun and Ted Wong representing Jeet Kune Do. If you've seen it, what did you think? I know W. Cheung's interpretation of WC isn't the only one (a couple of things in there I saw made me wince) but neither is Ted Wong the only authority on JKD. I thought it was interesting, but I'd like to see it with a couple of different Sifus.
    In combat you sink to the level of your training. You do not rise to the occasion

comparison Vol 1

I have trained in both Wing Chun and Jeet Kune Do and read the book and thought it was an accurate comparison. the book covers stances and foot work, hand techniques, kicking, tactics, and self-defenses. It contains loads of pictures showing the differences. Defininately a good book to own. There was supposed to be a follow up volume but as far as I know it was never published.

Take care

Joe

Re: Wing Chun/JKD- A comparison

Originally posted by straight blast
    Has anyone had a look at this book? It's got William Cheung representing Wing Chun and Ted Wong representing Jeet Kune Do. If you've seen it, what did you think? I know W. Cheung's interpretation of WC isn't the only one (a couple of things in there I saw made me wince) but neither is Ted Wong the only authority on JKD. I thought it was interesting, but I'd like to see it with a couple of different Sifus.
    I've seen the book in bookstores enough to flip through it.
    That said, William Cheung's approach to Wing Chun is uniquely his own and is in many respects quite different from the rest of the Ip Man line.

That said, there are also other non-Ip Man lineages as well.

So the book is really a comparison between Cheung style and JF/JKD.

David

Absolutely.

Joy