Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where can I buy CLF wooden dummies?

Where can I buy CLF wooden dummies?

Hi all,

I am frustrated. I have searched all over the place for a Choy Li Fut wooden dummy. All that I can find are Wing Chun dummies. The CLF dummy is much different and there are also many types. Are there any CLF folks out there that have information on stores or martial arts supply stores that either sell or make custom CLF wooden and other CLF dummies for training? Thanks!

Scott

CLF Ching jong is a rarity in MA world, so I think there's not a single MA supply store that would sell or even custom make them. You need to go to a carpenter and have it custom made there or do it yourself. And the same applies of course to all CLF dummies.

premier

Why donīt you try to make it yourself.

Good luck.

Besos.

Make your Ching Jong yourself :

plans for building a clf dummy?

Any good books out there or plans on building a wooden dummy for clf?
    I can probably build it myself if I know how. Thanks

gracias amigo

Hola Dragon32,

Que bueno, gracias por la informacion. Ud. es de Espana, si? Cual ciudad? Me gustaria visitar alla algun dia. Estudio el arte marcial de choy li fut tambien aqui con mi sifu Alan Hubbard, el es alumno de Doc Fai Wong tambien. Ojala que tenga exito en tus estudios de CLF.

Con respeto

Scott

mixxalot your spanish is too respectful. It's better to use "tu" than "usted" when you are talking to a friend or a person of your range af age.

Muy bien

Thats fine, I always prefer to err on the side of caution. I spent a few years in Japan and South Korea so I guess it just rubbed off on me. Respect and face is very important to Asian cultures. Now I hope to plan a visit to Taiwan and mainland China to visit the Shaolin temple and sites.

Que bueno que haya mucha gente aqui en las artes marciales que hablan en espanol!

Towards the end of the summer, I'll be making some CLF / hung gar dummies, some of them mechanical, spring loaded, etc...

I can also make special orders. They will be high quality, but pricey as well.

Contact me for more information, or if you have specific plans you'd like me to build from, etc...

My work schedule is very erratic lately, so I may not be at my computer for a long time. Please wait patiently.

thanks

I made friends with one of my choy li fut brothers in class recently who knows how to build the CLF style wooden dummy. He plans to build some more for students and since I volunteered my free time, I think that I can learn and build one for low cost which works for me since I have a limited budget right now.

Ola

Ola!

In Ingles Por Favor'! Why can' that spanish page be translated..gracias amigos! El Dragon di spagna, translate it for us!

Regards,

El Chupa Cavra
    Michael Panzerotti
    Taijutsu Nobody from the Great White North..

Rolling Elbow

Hola, friend!!

I donīt speak english but I can try to translate something.

Tell me what are you interested about and Iīll try to tranlate it.

Besos

I plan to translate the clf wooden dummy into english

I asked grandmaster doc fai wong this very question recently and he told me that because few english speaking folks wanted a copy in english it was never translated into large quantities. SInce I am fluent in spanish, I plan to order the spanish written clf wooden dummy book and then translate it back into english when I have free time.

There are a few tapes on the market. Li Siu Hung and Wong Tat Mau both have one. There is also a book in english & chinese written by Sifu Ho Ngau.

Good luck in actually finding a dummy though. Building one yourself or finding a carpenter is the only way.

Peace.

why buy one when you can easily make one with just a few easy to get tools.
    "Some people say it hurts. I say pain was never really born!" -Me