Thread: How Effective Is Clf On The Street?

Question How Effective Is Clf On The Street?

I practice wing chun, & tiger crane hungar. These are very effecient and practical. I have always been intrigued by CLF so what does the system consist of?
    Last edited by dragontounge2; 06-01-2002 at 10:27 AM.

its very practical.
    "Some people say it hurts. I say pain was never really born!" -Me

Depends...........

I think it depends on how you train it, and ultimately how inately it is hardwired into your response.
    In other words, poor training=poor response. This is true with all systems.

GWS

wing chun and hung gar don't really compliment each other.

....it's all in the training, no doubt!

Originally posted by urban tea
    wing chun and hung gar don't really compliment each other.
    I stopped the hungar.
    Toughen my sinews, harden my bones,
    Make my blood flow freely,
    I will then be young forever
    In touch with the realm of goads.

I wish I could tell you, but I've never been in a fight. Might be interesting to find out from those who have though. Maybe something more descriptive than 'its very practical' from roughnready. Not criticising roughnready, simply a suggestion.

Generally speaking how would a CLF practitioners fighting style(specifically CLF, not just any Kung Fu) differ from that of a brawler? I'm new to the style, but from what I've seen at tournaments(not many) there is very little difference there. I realize tournaments are different but technique seems to go out the window there, so I would assume a real life encounter would exaggerate that breakdown?

I'd also like to know how, in general, begginners and long time practitioners of CLF differ in their opinion on how to use CLF in a real fight ie just thump away vs more technique. I do Karate as well and have found that as you progress through the ranks you do start fighting according to the style, but I have yet to see that in other begginner Kung Fu pupils, or maybe its because of my limited exposure. In that limited exposure I have picked up techniques that have become second nature, ie kicks to the leg. I'm wondering if that 's because of my previouse MA experience or are all begginners willing/able to change quickly.

I must stress that I've never been to a school where fighting was the only focus, so my perspective is born of split objectives.

from what i have seen of CLF i would guess that you could hit somebody pretty hard without injuring your fists and fore-arms.