Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The impracticality of chinese kung fu

MMa??? What's MMA?

Is that some sort of Kou Shu??
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Is the "I beat a praymantis guy" thread gone forever. That was a classic troll.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

the impracticality of being practical

being impractical in practical ways does not necessarily practically take away from the impractical. practically speaking one can be impractical in the practical workings OF impracticality. BUT being impractical CAN be practical when you look at it from an impractical point of view. i think that the impracticality of the practical is far from actually being practical,,rather it stems from a practical need to be impracticale in practical situations. practically speaking.

Many DUUHHHRR Respects,,,The willer Sward
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Kung Fu is rubbish

Hey thanks for enlightening us all! At least we have a definate answer now, I'll beter go tell my Sifu in case he doesn't realise!

Originally posted by rogue
    Is the "I beat a praymantis guy" thread gone forever. That was a classic troll.
    lol yeah it was th thread that made me join in the first place. TKD man and his other sn had as ull going.
    killer kung fu commando streetfighter who has used his devastating fighting system to defeat hordes of attackers in countless combat situations

Willow Sword............

I find your passage to be completely impractical as far as a practical reader is concerned. There is little empahsis on practically any main practical or impractical points nor is the impracticality of kung fu address. Therefore, I must conclude that there is no practical way that you are "practically speaking"

Maybe we could have a best of TKDMan and WolfBlades thread.
    To think so much started with that one Sam Wiley post being linked on Mousels.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Thumbs up chinwoo'er

YES my Son you are beginning to understand. watch out!!! the flood gates of knowledge are now opening.

many disspects,,,,the willer shward
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Talking

Oh my god diego that was funny ****!!
    LOL!
    Train hard, live long and prosper.

Dear,

BJJISBESTSHRIMPBALLS

I do kung fu.I will put money I can make you my biatch.I will fight for one keg of guiness.Keg is due apon delivery of beat down.

manosdepiedras@hotmail.com
    Would you ask your men to carry a weapon that was “theorized” to work but had never been field tested to meet the high demands of modern day special operations? Of course not! Then why should we “assume” that the stunts and routines that are taught in most unarmed combative courses will work for real? The fact of the matter is that most of these courses, regardless of their many colorful origins, offer techniques that have not been “battle tested” against aggressive, non-compliant individuals.

wow i have probably posted once every 3 months for the past year, and all i can say is the forum is just getting better is this raleks long lost cousin twice removed from his fathers mother , sisters side ? Im impressed

and on another thread we are still discussing if chi exists or not and wether we can project it and if we need to believe it. wow! and about randy's challenge.

mmmmm improvements in the world of kung flu.

it is not the physical force which inspires the fear that makes men sick of
    soul so much as that which comes from the eyes, some subtle emanation from the personality as a gas that takes the strength from men's limbs.

chokeyouout

lol. He'd probably like to be your beee-atch though! (and he's probably not old enough to buy beer!)

Chokeyouout

Geez i i've never been challenged by a ****IN NET NERD BEFORE i accept your challenge but last night i double leg take downed you mum and screwed her brains out i've think i've done enough damage to your family for one day already

Re: Chokeyouout

Originally posted by BJJISTHEBEST
    Geez i i've never been challenged by a ****IN NET NERD BEFORE i accept your challenge but last night i double leg take downed you mum and screwed her brains out i've think i've done enough damage to your family for one day already
    Watch it man, you'll have to go to Maryland because he will not go where you live.

As for your Kung Fu shít, BJJ is a sport, just like you said. A sport will get you killed in the street. Lets see you take on 3 guys at once. You gonna grapple one at a time until he taps out and think his friends wont beat your ãss down while you wrestle yourself to an erectíon?
    Last edited by PHILBERT; 06-10-2002 at 08:17 PM.
    I have a signature.

Can you explain how did the Choy Lay Fut master Tat Mau Wong win the open weight division in the southeast asian full contact event?
    "Some people say it hurts. I say pain was never really born!" -Me