Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The impracticality of chinese kung fu

LMFAO @ Bai He
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

hey bjjisbest, try some aikido for multiple attackers. By the way the guys on this forum are talking about Brazilian Jiu Jutsu not the BJ whatever job you thought it was.

The zen of tootsie roll....

Boy:Mr. Turtle, How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop?

Turtle: I never made it with out biting, ask Mr. Owl.

Boy: Mr. Owl, How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop?

Owl: Lets find out. One, two, tharee, CRUNCH. Tharee.

Narrator: How many licks DOES it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop?
    The world will never know..........CRUNCH

(I am of course the turtle, I never made it without hitting.

The owl represents those that formulate the answers. Well meaning, but only to their conveiniance.)

The only reason why all you guys are ****ed off at me because you know i am right and that you are wrong.
    Kung fu is the art for men with erection problems i bet all you kung fu practicioners have small *****es i know you guys shouldn't be offended some girls like peanut ****s.
    But i bet all you kung fu practicioners and your mothers are deceptible to double leg take downs.
    Brazillian Jiu Jitsu is undeniabley superior because it serves a practical purpose while the rest dont serve jack scrap

Go back to your video games kid

Your low IQ is dragging down the forum...just when we thought it didnt get worse..
    www.flowingcombat.com

This has to be the funniest thread I have ever seen on this forum. This guy can't be for real.

I love bjj and have defended MMA and NHB. Presently I train at the Gracie Academy, and I haven't heard them slam other arts. Actually, most Gracies cross train in Muay Thai, and Boxing. Some students have also studied other forms of grappling like Pancration, Shooto, and Catch As Catch Can wrestling.

In order for an art to be semi complete it must offer its students:
    1) Striking Skills 2) Throwing / Disballancing Skillls 3) Joint Manipulation Skills 4) Strangulation / Choking skills.
    The art must also cover all four ranges of combat: 1) Long Range
    2) Short Range 3) Clinching Range and 4) Ground Grappling range.
    I'm not even getting into the psychological aspects of combat, and body conditioning. I'm also not touching on weapons and weapons defenses (and/or improvised weapons).

BJJ is not complete at all. BJJ guys lack superior punching skills. Though bjj is made up of several components (self defense, sport jiujitsu, and vale tudo..nhb), many bjj guys cross train because they know that bjj offers no long range techniques (usually kicks).
    They know that bjj is limmited in it's short range (punches / elbows / knees, etc.). As for throws, a lot of bjj guys, some of my instructors included, have cross trained in Judo. Many also supplemented their training with wrestling.

The good think about bjj, is that generally bjj practioners are more open minded when it comes to filling their technical holes. BJJ guys also always practice will full resistance. All techniques are contested and no one can fake his/her way through a class. By the time a bjj guy get's into the ring, all his training had been focused on fighting. In most situation, a bjj fighter has an easier time dealing with a traditional (kung fu, karate, tkd, etc. etc.) ma guy in an NHB arena, than he has grappling with his fellow training partners every day in class.
    MA fanatic
    Last edited by MA fanatic; 07-13-2002 at 10:20 PM.

7. Re: Go back to your video games kid

Originally posted by gazza99
    Go back to your video games kid
    Hey now, don't be grouping him with us video gamers... we'd mock him too.

bbjisthebest

Hmmm, have you ever seen a real kung fu fighter fight a BBJ? Seriously, or have you only see amateur, two year trained, Kung Fu guys fight another two year BBJ fighter? Or do you just hear stories about how an amatuer went to a KF school to beat up a 'master' from a school that doesn't exist or it's credibility in doubt? Even though the years are the same, the skills from each art may take a different amount of time to develop through the training. It would be fair for a ten year vs. a ten year, but i've never seen that either... Have you ever seen an actual respectable KF fighter fight with a BBJ? If your answer is no, then i don't know why you would bother posting. If you have tell me the name of the two fighters please...
    Last edited by Mister Hansome; 07-14-2002 at 12:06 AM.
    if you never get into a fight,
    you can never be defeated,
    if you can never be defeated,
    you are invincible

I AM INVINCIBLE!!!

Adventure is just a romantic name for trouble. It sounds swell when you write about it,
    but it’s ____ when you meet it face to face in a dark and lonely place. Louis L’Armour

what is a tree without its roots? what is a man without his arts?

Suicide is the cowards way out...

Hmmm, have you ever seen a real kung fu fighter fight a BBJ? Seriously, or have you only seem amateur, two year trained, Kung Fu guys fight a ten year BBJ fighter? Have you ever seen an actual respectable fighter fight with a BBJ? If your answer is no, then i don't know why you would bother posting. If you have tell me the name of the two fighters please...
    Not this lame-ass excuse again...
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

Braden Guest
    Excuse for what?

Please Braden--we're both too smart for this, and I'm entirely too tired and too cranky about working the nightshift for 12 hours to argue about what the definition of 'is' is You and I wind up in dragged out arguments over definitions more than 75% of the time we type back 'n forth.

I admit to reading between the lines as opposed to responding to EXACTLY what he said. This discussion, if allowed to continue on its present course, would devolve into a:

"If traditional Kung Fu is so good for fighting, why did they all get their ass kicked in the ring," on one side, and "All the guys who claimed to be doing Kung Fu weren't really, and they sucked too. You haven't seen a REALLY skilled Kung Fu man fight yet" on the other.

You've (universal you) got guys like shooter demonstrating that Tai Chi works just fine, even after limited total training, giving the lie to "both" sides of the story:

1. The common MMA claim that TCMA fighters, can't, by virtue of their style.
    2. The common TCMA claim that CMA takes a long long time to get successful with so the guys fighting can't possibly be any good yet, so them losing is not an indictment of the style.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

Braden Guest
    Side two of your story changed during the course of your post.

Sigh.

What shade of meaning do you take issue with this time?

Never mind. Just insert "Or aren't really doing kung fu," with appropriate grammar as needed in the last part of my post

Opps

Sorry i edited my post because i forgot to refresh to see if anyone replied to my post, but hey atleast the guy that replied put up a quote, but sorry never the less (hmmm, i have to start using the refresh button more often)...

An excuse for what? I DIDN'T give ANY excuse, i was giving a QUESTION, if you can answer YES, then go ahead, but i didn't give any excuse. The editing i did kind of was an excuse but either then that, the original was NO excuse, but ONLY a question. Can YOU answer yes? Have you seen a respectable KF fighter be defeated by an equal or lesser trained BBJ fighter? In no way am i saying KF is superior because of course the personal skill is a factor. Fighters like Cung Le can excel in any art he so choose. I can understand why a 2 year trained KF fighter vs. 2 year trained BBJ could be in doubt (either one winning) because of the obvous training strategy difference, BUT how do you know if the KF guy grasps all the skills a real KF fighter needs? Just saying you know...
    Last edited by Mister Hansome; 07-14-2002 at 12:20 AM.
    if you never get into a fight,
    you can never be defeated,
    if you can never be defeated,
    you are invincible

I AM INVINCIBLE!!!

Adventure is just a romantic name for trouble. It sounds swell when you write about it,
    but it’s ____ when you meet it face to face in a dark and lonely place. Louis L’Armour

what is a tree without its roots? what is a man without his arts?

Suicide is the cowards way out...

Braden Guest
    "All the guys who claimed to be doing Kung Fu weren't really, and they sucked too. You haven't seen a REALLY skilled Kung Fu man fight yet"

became

The common TCMA claim that CMA takes a long long time to get successful with so the guys fighting can't possibly be any good yet, so them losing is not an indictment of the style.