Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Street-fight self-defense form by No_Know

Where ever I Am; today, West Virginia, US of A, NA, N of EUdMexico
    Blog Entries

Street-fight self-defense form by No_Know

After reading one of the posts here~ I thought to come-up with a street-fight self-defense type of form for many situations. I would have to make it Fun. Hopefully someone would find it useful. One can hope.~ :-)
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

Blog Entries
    I was in a three person gauntlet done two at a time. I made a form from this. I'm figuring that this would be added with other forms I come-up with~ (for street-fight self-defense that are particular situation based.

Muay Thai double hand grab behind the neck; pull down to rising knee response is the last one I came-up-with.

Next would be knife perhaps. There are several types of attacks by knife wielders. This form would have to address the different methods that occure to me at the moment.

When I have several, I would look at the beginnings and the ends of the forms and coordinate them to be sensible as far as from one position or movement to the other.
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

Not a bad idea! Are you saying that you're developing the form out of your own experience? If so, you would have a powerful visualization potential.

-FJ

Blog Entries

My experience?

The gauntlet form is based on my experience one night. They were three people of seemingly different fighting training, different strengths, different power out-puts--higher, average, lower and different styles of attack. This form is relevant to my realization that night that I was doing very similarly the same techniques. The results were hitting attacking limbs; finding or making openings (and exploiting those); and moving to a spot beyond both of them, to await further attacks (as their function was to attack me, in this situation I could afford to rest--catch my timing and theirs and asses their oncomming endevours, between attacks due to their imminant return To me). A different gauntlet configuration would merit a different gauntlet form. The lower the experience level (my call), the faster they went. But they all were trying to land without hurting me (gloves and headgear~ were worn).

While this particular guantlet form is taken from an actual, a gauntlet of higher scale configuration... A faster paced situation with harder hitting would Still use the same moves as in the gaunlet form I came-up with. But they might get used less. Because more damageing techniques would be prefered in a faster greater damage-receiving situation. I was thinking that the form would be no good for versus higher higher higher. But if the attack methods matches any of those on the night from which the form was gotten, it should still be good. The techniques to look at it are two--general punches and a kick or two. These two techniques are ordered for practical and likely use. So (needle-and-thread), if you learned the form or didn't you might end up doing segments of the gauntlet form merely out of order.

The Muay Thai hands behind the neck pull-down to the rising knee respones comes from my looking at the move and is my getting out of the move from within my mind. It follows a series of nearly effortless alterations going to an end that I favor based on my consideration of Nice (not a city) and Practical referencing my complete database throughout my existence.
    Last edited by No_Know; 06-08-2002 at 04:55 AM.

LOL @ "rising knee response"

'"4 ounces deflect 1000 pounds" represents a skill potential, if you stand in front of a 1000 pound charging bull and apply four ounces of deflection, well, you get the picture..' - Tai Chi Bob

"My car has a lot of parts in there that I don't know about, don't know what they're called, haven't seen them and wouldn't know what they were if someone pointed them out to me .... doesn't mean they're not in there." - Evolution Fist

Blog Entries

You like the title?

What's laughable about it? :-)

I don't know about fighting 3 opponents, but when you fight two others, you try to keep circling around one of them so the other has his man between him and you. So I was told.

-FJ

Blog Entries
    On the one night relevant to the gaunlet form, they tried to come at me from differing sides. I found that going between them worked satisfactorily.

Blog Entries
    ...rising knee response form done. On to Knife attack response...other than run-away.

Blog Entries
    The first two forms go together. The knife response form seems as though it would be able to continue where the Muay Thai rising knee while double hand grab to the back of the neck pull down to the rising knee resopnse form ended~.

No_Know,

You're referring to the night that we did the gauntlet, yeah?

I'd be interested in seeing this some time.

Stuart B.

Blog Entries
    That night? I am.

Interested? Great.

See sometime? Sure thing.

Blog Entries
    I can put how I am comming along with the form but most of you couldn't see it that way. I'll have to video cassette record it and get it available to be viewed.

Still on responding to knife attack. That should include attacked by multiple knife users. And of course different methods of knife used to kill or maim, type thing.

Blog Entries
    I am on to something. Response to slashes, with low risk disarm/disable attempt technique.

The best part about this is theoretically getting a better understanding of how a knife can be used so that I can make a form on using a knife, to give to someone who was interested.

Blog Entries
    Someone indicated that fighting with a thighs paralle Horse-riding stance was not practical~ Someone else said that a Horse-riding stance is how to deal with a take down attempt (tackle-ish). I just noticed a cute method for addressing such a takedown attempt.

This is No_Know, keeping you informed. :-)