Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Street-fight self-defense form by No_Know

Where ever I Am; today, West Virginia, US of A, NA, N of EUdMexico
    Blog Entries
    Here's the Hand on head to guard that side of face/head of the head selfdefense for domestic abuse.~
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

Blog Entries

Hand on Bicep Head guard domestic situations

Here's Hand on Bicep.
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

The Ultimate Form?

That's quite the task! It'd be really hard to make one form for all street situations, though isn't that essentially where the classic forms came from (as well as from war)? So your updating them, 'bout time someone did. Most forms I see are fun, and have there moments, but usually have some serious flaws as far as modern self defense goes.
    I'm sure they have there reasons, but anyway, my advice to you is, keep it simple. The more complicated you make this form the harder it will be for your form to adapt to the various situations that occur on the street. Or you could make a series of forms for perticular types of situations, there are alot though! One of my favorite moves is dubbed "The Minila Bus Ride", because its actually based on defending against a robber on a Minila Bus! Anyway, good luck1`

Blog Entries
    There is a form from which many streetfighting situationcan be addressed. It's called standing. Motion continues or comes out of stillness. The concept is to take responses for particular situations and string them together end to end.

The form seems likely to not be completeable because it is unlikely that I could Know All street fighting situations. But I can look at how my body works. Presunme the intent is to hurt me at most costs. And to play on my sympathies for me to be mentally surprised.

While I might add to the form for a long time~ I would have enough of it that the overlap points are kept to merely one time use. Destroying the patches for individual situations and eventually leaving all the techniques for the areas I had included in the full string no longer joined. With some of the pieces form each patch removed and those patches no longer complete, a quilt of the tattered patches would should be made.

You would not see the application for the specific situations because the completions are throughout and not in order for a specific situation, even though the applications for the situations originally addressed would be there for the person who could see where to take or put the pieces together for the moment at hand.

And people will look at the final Street-Fight Self-defense form and say it's in complete. They might say it starts or that's a nice end move but the stuff before it doesn't go with it. So they will think it has holes or is missing stuff. Perhaps it is the way of forms, that people without vision or understanding enough won't know how to use them or see the usefullness.

There's a thought to perform the string or the quilt even repeating responses in no particular order except to avoid preferred order. Hopefully, doing it differently order-wise, almost everytime.

Except to pass it on, the string and quilt pattern are not used. The person by the the when is doing the random of the quilt techniques is near a place of accessing and utilizing Any of the techniques, perhaps even cynergetically.

Thank you for the hope of good luck!
    Last edited by No_Know; 10-25-2002 at 08:34 AM.

Blog Entries
    Response for e doublehand throat grab (someone choking you), has two one step; one (four or)five step and one two step move.

That was a fun detraction. Back to responses to attacked with knife.

how do you apply the hand/face guard (that is could you give a simple example like "attacker throws straight punch, hand holdes elbow, other hand rises to head" or something simple-ish?

It looks like a difficult defense to apply, but I just may not be thinking of a practical application for it.

Blog Entries

Head self defense versus a straightpunch

Straight punch:

-turn waist to deflect punch with the forearm of hand on forehead

-bring hand on fore head towards other shoulder (deflect)

-bring hand on elbow up (pivoting at shoulder)

-hand on bicep, lift elbow (brings underside of forearm up to block a straight punch ~ (perhaps, also drop hand on forehead to increase area of the block)

-turn wiast to have the punch run into your elbow

-turn waist to have their straight punch run into your forearm

-upper body bow (look at their shoes); outside elbow tugged (torso and guard (hands-on...) to between shoulders (stomach level), to have straight punch hit the back of your hand which is on your forehead.
    Last edited by No_Know; 10-29-2002 at 10:31 AM.

Blog Entries

For a moment, back to the detraction

Anyone willing to meet me in the Frederick area to allow me to test my responses to double hand neck grabs, inform me. E-mail, private message, telephone call, snail mail...make contact. Details can be worked out after that.

Thank you.

Blog Entries

Attacker throws a...

I misread your post and was thinking hand/face defense just against the straight punch for an easy example. I hope to name different punces an application of head/face self defense (I No_Know or No_Know :-) because it looks lok someone confused or trying to figure something out...actually call it whatever. I just thought it would be cute to mention that it kind of looks like the name by which that I am most known here (kungfuonline.com forums).

uppercut:

- hand on elbow (hol); slide hand on forehead (ho4)'s elbow from hol's hand to hol's elbow. Somewhere in that range it should block the uppercut.

-hol, slips the under elbow (to the/along the tricep) the top of the forarm becomes the blocking surface.

-hol shifting the No_Know, up and out with the torso, the elbow or the back of the elbow or tricep area becomes the blocking surface.

-ho2; glide hand to shoulder, blocks uppercut.

No_Know in place, drop No_Know and bend upper upper back, forearm blocks uppercut.

Outside to inside punches get caught blocked or deflected by design of the No_Know with a shift by the abdominals.

g2g~

Some-such perhaps
    Last edited by No_Know; 10-29-2002 at 11:15 AM.

Re: For a moment, back to the detraction

Originally posted by No_Know
    Anyone willing to meet me in the Frederick area to allow me to test my responses to double hand neck grabs, inform me. E-mail, private message, telephone call, snail mail...make contact. Details can be worked out after that.

Thank you.
    Ok, u want people to just jump you in the street without warning?

Blog Entries

Hopefully I don't have wants...

I was thinking of a less variable learning environment.

Whoever would be interested would say. Then we would talk. Then get together. Then hopefully try a doublehand grab choke so that I could see flaws in my responses to that action.

What you mention does have value as an occasional validator. But such Real experiences wouldn't be helpful-ish. I would gear my reactions to just the way the partner attacked. The partner has more than one method of attack mentality possible. But an attack by someone not a partner might have a difference. I might develop alax attitude when attackedif that is what my partner does. Also, I might be anticipating attacks and become paranoid or react inappropriately to well meanersif I mistake them for partner attacker.

If attacked for real, I will feel how the attack seems and hopefully I will have felt that from some form or technique I've practiced. Not enough time to choose. I would have to take in as many factors as possible for that moment and without concious thought assess correctly enough.

Wonder: How would these people know me to attack me on the street?
    Last edited by No_Know; 10-31-2002 at 06:23 PM.

Blog Entries
    I got onto a response to a double hand choke from the front and recently came to a finishing place. Next is to finish-up a form for someone at Fighter's Chat. Then back to knife response.

I came across someone interested to spar with me--testing ground on a uniform stance /guard or to test where my thining is lacking...ish..Head defense wasfor KCElbow's friend was insightful.

Blog Entries
    I finally got to the Knife section of the form. It addresses slashing and poking.

Blog Entries
    I met-up with some people and came-up with a gauntlet form-ie. I met some others and I'd like to add to the Street-fight self-defense form techniques reguarding Muay Thai thigh kick (kick to the knee to the armpit;choke from behind face down on hands and knees;~ And the head to head arm weaving of grapplers facing off at start.

Blog Entries
    The first part of this form is relevant to medium speed attacks by people trying to hit~ but not hurt.

Whatever the value of this form towards street-fighting self-defense, it has been very nice for my breathing at least.