Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Street-fight self-defense form by No_Know

Where ever I Am; today, West Virginia, US of A, NA, N of EUdMexico
    Blog Entries
    Street fight self defense? It seems standing and awareness can be helpful.
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

Blog Entries
    Street fight self defense? It seems standing and awareness can be helpful.
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

Blog Entries
    Break a salt packet in your pocket. Lick/suck/wet your fingertip segments. Strike to hit the eyes.

Blog Entries
    There seem to be several ways to fight. Ifeel I am slow. I would dissolve attacks to me. I would deflect to not get touched-ish.

When I got together with someone recently, I asked for them to resist me doing this form (Ernie Moore Jr.'s, Squirrel's Six Bust Strikes). They all work but with them attacking too, I didn't get to continue the strikes in order with out compromising me.

I wasn't landing in sensitve areas hard. The person might have been distracted with attacking-ish if the strickes landed and hurt~? But I look at those encounters and am seeing that the strikes can be used. Even if not in order although I think that they can be used in the same order but the timing might vary as per the situation.

Ernie Moore Jr.'s, Squirrel's Six Bust Strikes was useful and might get added to Street-fight self-defense form by No_Know.

Also, prayer hands blocking seemed again remarkably successful. It seems very versitile.

Very good.

Blog Entries
    In a post by Mister Lee Aldridge of a Reality Based Fighting Combat, it was my understanding that what I was told about Street survival (related to attack) was sought. This is my copy of an E-mail I sent Mister Aldridge...I had been given notice not to post for a month, so (needle-and-thread) to be respectful to Mister Aldridges inquiry I replied to and wrote:

""In an effort to discover where you got such strong opinions about self-protection, I'll ask you what you were told about street survival. Have you had conversations with someone who "steered" you to look at self-defense this way?"

Not sure I can answer that...not anything Told to me, per se, except by just living and interpreting: observations and normal hear-say.

When you say, looking at self-defense this way, I presume you mean thinking that there are rest periods or breaks or places for exchange of a few hits then break and go back in...

My view, self-defense/protection related, is that attack can happen by sneak attack when I'm supposedly unaware; by attack from a distance--someone goes on a shooting spree, or stray bullet or ricochet; a knife or gun to my head or throat and a pulled trigger or slit throat by accident or the person just wanted to; I read that there are people who rest your head on the curb and stomp your face (perhaps to break the jaw); getting surrounded, jumped, they take turns beating you; they take turns having sexual intercoursse in your face and butt; kill you after rape, torture you for pleasure or they are off in the head; lie about quitting if they lose and hit/stab you from behind; find out where you live or about you and hurt, torture, kill your family, wreck your house steal your stuff; be waiting in your home; take family members...are some of the things to be aware can happen every day.

My view, related to self-defense/protection, is to be mindful or aware of the aforementioned and not get trapped or in position that increases the likeliness of that. Remember the house/apartment as you left it; know where your family members are or usually go and on which days and at which times (check up if they are unusually late for their sense of timing); check the area around the car as you approach it; look in through the windows for if the car seems to have more people in it than you were expecting; someone you do not know being friendly or making smalltalk; someone slowly closing the distance between you two; someone keeping your attention (flirting/smalltalk/probing questions) and someone else watching you as they get closer stop, get closer stop, get closer...; the drawl or slur or extension of a sound or word accompanied by a move of the hand out of sight or body shift that brings a hidden hand into sight; give everyone distance when you are walking after dark; hands up like whoah or verbally point to anyone closing in such as hello, can help you, what do you want, back off, stand clear...this interruption might slow/stop the momentum of someone wanting to rush/attack you.

My view, related to self-defense/protection, is that people do not strike the same spot with the same limb twice; if you've been hit with a left, you'll next be hit with a right; if you get bowed over, something is comming up with follow-through or from above to knock me all the way down; people who sneak you will not fight with honor; they might be pushing me to an area they have prepared for a victim; they'll busy me up top so I'll stumble or get tripped; they'll take out my legs to tackle me or get me on the ground to kick stomp, limit my movement; they'll bait me to attack and off balanceme or cut me when I go for them; every attack I make, makes me more vulnerable; use their reaction to help me tell if someone is behind me or if I should be expecting others; take out the leader/biggest first;go from person to person; keep your back clear of opponents if you can; get everyone where you can see them; attack the person you can't see; use sound to generally locate people; four hits at once is a usual most you'll have at one time;when an attack leaves another one's comming; use distance and timing to throw off attacks; use weightshift/balance (shoulders, hips, left/right, forward/back, bent knee, bent elbow, palm-up/palmdown (rotation of limb)) to read from where attacks are comming;where they look tells me where they are attacking; they might lie with their eyes to decieveme where they will be attacking so I'll defend it and get hit elsewhere.

My view, related to self-defense/protection, is that a fluid attack is made-up of parts; parts are disruptable;divide the parts; attack the parts; let the moment dictate what you do--be appropriate.

My view, related to self-defense/protection, is that whoever I cripple cannot provide for their people (sibling, family, group) get sued; whoever I kill because their so called attempt to so called merely hurt me or steal if I cooperated I understand culd have gotten me killed, I cause mourning in someone's family, I get revenge/hate/grief focused at me. No one cares that they started it when they get hurt. People lie to look good or make you look bad. Associates back-up lies. My family and friends wouldn't want me dead. I shouldn't do that to another's family friend's social circles intentionally. I should not stop a kill when the person is just going to comeup and sneak me as I go away. If I leabe anyone alive I have to watch out for retribution all the days of my life. There is no even to someone with a bad attitude.

These are the ways in which I look at self-defense/ self-protection, in general. It includes the concepts from the interpretation of the observations and hear-say."

Getting a glimpse of what I think are situations, dangers, opponents, occurances related to street seemed relevant-ish to this thread.

Very good

Blog Entries
    It seems that there are people who teach/study "attack, attack..."

They seem to regardcontinuous attack as one cation, instead of a series of coordinated actions. They seem to disregard the attacker's response, claiming to not give the attacker time or Will to respond, it seemed.

I had been told that the inside of the arm against any part of knife wielding arm would/could be cut. While it might ne not easiest, it seemed to me that a hooking sweep behind the knife handle on the outside of the forearm, with a leaning of the defender's forearm to keep the arm in the nook/crook as with mantis hand or crane beak seemed to be safe from cutting for at least a moment.

Blog Entries
    Seeing clips of supposed real fights kids, in backyards, parks...olderteens...It seems there are three methods: blindswing, scoop and pray they go down, poundand pound and pound again. Also the wild foot throw (kick). Basically The way is no way. Atttack attack attack. That might have been the way for a while, but some started using clean technique.

Praying hands I think is good for this. Please be aware that as you did not want to get hurt consider not hurting-ish them. They can sue you and if you cripple them they might claim they cannot work and you owe them the money they cannot earn.

You don't worry about lawyers when you're dead...one might think. Think about the end and how you would like it handled ahead of the situation. And decide before. It might help you decide how the fight goes (as much as you can).

Finding the few techniques you might need can be helped by understanding the great variety.

Blog Entries
    Iwas reviewing this thread to see what I had put. I hope tobring this together.

No_Know

Attacked by two or three; grab behind head pulled down to rising knee; bring that person down; address the downed person; from what had been put next goes addressing knife attacks one and more than one, then adressing attacked by three to six people (no s unless they are wooden); then I can put the Ernie Moore Jr.'s Kung-Fu, Squirrel's Head T.I.E.E.--head defending using angled forearms with support at forehead, elbows and biceps~.; and recently realized addressing the charge.

No_Know
    Last edited by No_Know; 10-09-2007 at 08:36 PM. Reason: a(d)d...

Blog Entries

Thats cool.

Your shoot defense is missing the element of level change. You need to lower your level at the start of his shoot using your knees so you can maintain good posture. You would have to do this to pull off your technique correctly- for the backfist/crossface thing to work you would have to bend your knees just for targeting. You should also look into another option for when this crossface/pivot fails, like squirrel sprawling.

strike!

Blog Entries
    Good mention yenhoi, there is a level change to this. though not shown in that clip.

Seperation and diversion of center wins to the defender.

Fist down (below elbow)addresses a lower level shoot.

One pivot averts. Second pivot might can throw (with appropriate hand-arm positionings and maintenance).

Ernie Moore Jr.'s Kung-Fu, Squirrel's Bullfighter~.

No_Know

Blog Entries
    Addressing waist level shoot.

I use the abdominals to move yenhoi. I see a near need to ;ower but my legs should keep the same bend.

No_Know

Blog Entries
    Last edited by No_Know; 10-13-2007 at 07:33 AM. Reason: spacing

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

A Form