Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: For all you that played d&d...

Talking For all you that played d&d...

I checked out some Dungeons & Dragons message board and it brought a lot back. I used to play when i was a kid and it was pretty inspirational and led to a lot of my interest in studying martial arts. I went to the oriental adventures board and they were arguing over whether or not the boken could really do 1d10 damage or weather it should be less. It's pretty funny stuff. Someone mentioned Musahi Miyamoto using the boken but D&D players were never ones for reality. Glad I'm not just fantising anymore. Funny stuff.

Alternate Heading for thread: For all you who lived in your moms basement till you were 30 and still haven't kissed a girl (grandma doesn't count).
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Never played D&D.

Champions, Call of Cthulhu, Werewolf, Vampire, TFOS, Talislanta...

But never D&D.

Not even AD&D.

Mind you, I moved outa home at 17 and .. well, let's just say I've kissed girls.

Guess rogue might have a point.

-geoff
    Geoff

-A hundred enemies, a hundred cups of wine. Infinite enemies, infinite wine.-

musashi miyamoto did use the bokken.

have i misunderstood something?

oh, and long live gary gygax. or something.

Gary Gygax rules!!!

cat's out of the bag, red5angel. we're geeks.

Quick test for ap and Red, who is smarter Spock or Data?
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Rogue - Yoda is.

Ap - I am practically the king of geeks!

i remember fu cking with the magic kids in high school hardcore, and now i play magic. my buddy tried to get me to play for a year before i finally broke down and tried it. haven't played spades or euchure since.
    where's my beer?

rogue,

never got into star trek much. i'm going with data. spock was logical, but that doesn't guarantee he knows everything. right?

i have no idea.

but i bet that any one of doctor who's sidekicks could kick the ever-loving crap outta either one of them, neck pinching or no neck pinching.

stuart b.

red5angel,

with a star wars reference for a screen name, was there ever any doubt.

UHHHH

YEAH RIGHT like i am REALLY going to admit on this forum that i used to play D&D. sheesh waddaya guys take me for????

Many Respects ,,The Willow Sword
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

LOL! Ap - can there ever be any real doubt!?

I watch Star Trek every once in a while, but Star Wars walks all over it and I will kick the azz of anyones MOM who says differently

red5angel,

i'm right there with ya, buddy.

willow sword,

like i'm really going to admit on this forum that i still play call of cthulhu every thursday.

ah crap.

stuart b.

I used to game master all the time......ubber **** my name is....AD&D, Call of Cthulhu is my fav, not the 1890's timeperiod, pure 1920's all the way, all bow down to Shub Niggurath, Vampire, Hunters Hunted, Werewolf, Chill, Flashing Blades, Golden Superheroes, Marvel, GURPS, Kult, James Bond, Daredevils, Paladium games, Legend of the 5 Rings, PENDRAGON, Nephilim, ohhhhh shiztnit, way more than that.

BTW, Temple of Elemental Evil is they best adventure like ever.

shaaaa!
    Last edited by Black Jack; 06-05-2002 at 09:03 AM.
    Regards