Thread: Rare Emei 2-handed sword form.....

Rare Emei 2-handed sword form.....

Hi guys

Check out this sneak preview, consisting of about 1/3 of the Emei 2-handed jian form, at another new website of mine:

WARNING: As LARGE pics are necessary so that the words would come out detailed enough when printed in hardcopy, I guess it's time for anyone who doesn't have broadband to take a coffee break while the pics are being downloaded:

Starting from page 272 - 279:
    http://emei-jian.freewebspace.com/photo.html

Page 280 - 285:
    http://emei-jian.freewebspace.com/photo2.html

Page 286 - 289:
    http://emei-jian.freewebspace.com/custom.html

This is a rare two-handed form from the Emei Taoist Sect that was known only to a minutely small number of masters. It was believed that the master of each generation would transmit it to only 2 disciples of his inner circle in his lifetime.

In the past, Emei Spearmanship had been so reknown during the Ming Dynasty for its combat effectiveness as to be mentioned in a Ming military manual; though the present book doesn't state, I estimate this 2-handed jian form to be at least 150 years old or perhaps tracing its origins even much earlier. Prior to this book, it has never been openly published before.

Founder: Unknown but of Taoist Emei sect origins
    Name of style: Emei Phoenix Tail 13 (stances) Jian
    Manual: "Emei Jianshu", published by Jindun Publishing House 2002, Beijing
    Author: Li Shixin (see pic below of author posing with his weapon)
    Followers: Present day Chinese

Lineage:
    Emei Taoist priest Li Huixin > Qing Imperial Court Official Li You > He Zhenfang > Gai Dianxun > Li Shixin (author of the above book)

As this form in hardcopy is rather voluminous, please bear with me while I take a week or 2 to finish putting it up. Do note that the rest of the website is still under-construction.

Cheers
    Thomas Chen

Thomas, I cannot do anything but bow down to you...each of your intervention here is invaluable.
    Risk 0 doesn't exist.

Well, I don't read Chinese, assuming that was written in Chinese, so I can't understand it.

But those look like very large, simple movements, allot bigger than I was expecting.

It also looked very practical. I liked it allot. I didn't know there were any two handed Jian forms. Repeaks my interest in Taoist sword form.

I wish I knew someone who could translate it.

Thank you for posting it.

JWT
    If you pr!ck us, do we not bleed? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that the villany you teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction. MOV

Cool find Thomas, as usual. Took me about 10 minutes to load just the first page but it was worth it. Do you have a translation of the Chinese on those fotos though.
    "If I'm gonna get my balls blown off for a word, my word is p00ntang."-Animal Mother

Cool stuff. I can follow up with most of the movements. Thomas I recommend that you do not show most of the form online since it will be added to the shaolin-do curriculum and calim it as their own nd you know whta that is going to lead to.

JWT-

COrrect there are double handed gim forms. We have some in my style.
    killer kung fu commando streetfighter who has used his devastating fighting system to defeat hordes of attackers in countless combat situations

Very cool, this looks very northern (actually, there is a sequence in there that looks like a broadsword form).
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

Glad to hear that you guys like it.....

JWT and Leonidas:
    Sorry, but I do not have the English translation for this form at the moment.

NorthernMantis:
    RE: Correct there are double handed gim forms. We have some in my style.

Ans: Are you referring to the Praying Mantis double-handed jian / gim form...... I have a weblink where you can download the acrobat pdf file on this form (Mainland China version) at:

http://chineseswords.freewebspace.co...ite_links.html

May I know if you practice this type of 2-handed form or know of anyone -- Sifu or school who teaches this form, especially the hidden fighting applications within the moves. I am seriously looking around for a teacher.

RE: I recommend that you do not show most of the form online since it will be added to the shaolin-do curriculum and claim it as their own nd you know what that is going to lead to.

Ans: You mean that the Shaolin-do guys actually do things like plagarism. Geez.....that's horrible.....

Guys, do check out my latest post on the Miao Dao, a 2-handed saber form.

Regards
    Thomas Chen

xebby is no more, his creator dwells elsewhere
    i use flashget to download the pics pretty much one by one
    "If you're havin girl problems i feel bad for you son
    I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one"

"If you can't respect that your whole perspective is wack
    Maybe you'll love me when i fade to black"

http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=OQSURMO&key=FMA

Well since your profile says you travel between Taiwan and Singapore I'll assume you are able to go to China. There is a famous mantis master in China named Zhang Bing Dao. From what I heard shrfu Zhang is regarded as sword master. I have seen him and his son up close as they have done seminar's at my school (wah lum) before and they have a really cool double handed form. However I beleive that there are some masters in Taiwan that also know the two handed jian/ gim. In the northern mantis forum there are a couple of guys who post from Taiwan and I believe they can help you better.

Oh and at the moment I can't rember the monks whole name but there is a monk named master Zhu who left shaolin because the government requires all schools to teach 75% wu shu and since he didn't like it he left and opened up another school but I am unaware of the school's location at the moment. I know that he teaches it since his student did a demo with a jian at my grandmasters tournament 2 years ago.

That's about as much as I know.
    killer kung fu commando streetfighter who has used his devastating fighting system to defeat hordes of attackers in countless combat situations

The Circle is now Complete.....

Thanks for the info, NorthernMantis......
    Xebsball, glad to know that you like this form and the Miao Dao form as well.......

Guys,
    I have completed the downloading of 75% more content to the above website........The Emei 2-handed swordform is now presented COMPLETE:

http://emei-jian.freewebspace.com

As usual, this link comes with the warning to take plentiful coffee breaks due to the downloading times......These are large files.

For those of you who have downloaded the 3 pages stated in my earlier above post, for this latest link, you can start from Page 288-291....

After saving all these html files, for those of you who want to print each individual jpeg pic in hardcopy, you can do a right button click on the pictures and save the jpeg pics in a separate folder. The jpeg files range from : em1.jpg to em37.jpg, arranged sequentially. After doing so, you can print each jpeg file individually using your graphics software.

I must find a way to compress all these files into an acrobat reader pdf format.........Much more convenient for everyone.

Do let me know if I can be of further assistance.....

Cheers
    Thomas Chen
    Last edited by Thomas Chen; 06-05-2002 at 10:59 PM.

Well Ilooked it up and Master Zhu teaches in ZhengZhou (shaolin village go fig)

The Shuang Sho Jian (Two handed Straightsword) is more common in northern styles.

It is most widely associated with Tanglang Quan (Mantis)...but there are many other variants.

Fun weapon to do and not widely known.

As for putting the images together...

Try using WORD....you can import a JPG image as part of the document....and save it in the document.

Then, you can use something like Adobe to take the WORD document and convert it to PDF format...and voila! you have an easy to use and unchangeable version.

You can probably do the same thing with Adobe straight...but I figured you may want to add verbage to it...and use an easy and readily available word processor.