Thread: Shaolin Hei Hu Ch'uan and Ying Chao Fan Tzu Ch'uan

Shaolin Hei Hu Ch'uan and Ying Chao Fan Tzu Ch'uan

How many forum readers are there who trained in Shaolin Tiger or Eagle style? Who was/is your teacher?

is shaolin eagle the same as gini laus eagle claw style?
    "Some people say it hurts. I say pain was never really born!" -Me

eagle...

I learned an eagle claw form (or rather what I think is part of it- just when you think you're done, there always seems to be more) at Shaolin Temple.

I do not remember who the instructor was. I was busy rubbing a gallon of dit da jow into my shoulder when the introductions were made...fascinating form. Very vicious, and I was told the monks thought it was too vicious when they got it and made changes to some of the attacks. I can only imagine how it could get more vicious then poking out an eye, hooking the ocular cavity, and yanking down into an uprising knee?

It is also very beautiful at the same time.

You have to be a little more specific with animals

They only understand the tone of voice.

But seriously, there are many manifestations of what might be called Shaolin eagle. There is a Songshan Shaolin version, at least one that is very wushu, as well as some more traditional - i'm currently learning guquan, which is supposedly connected to shaolin hongquan, and it has an eagle move. The Lau Clan - Lily and Gini, both practice Shaolin Eagle too, a traditional form from HK. Interestingly enough, Lily found a T-shirt at Songshan Shaolin that had the moves from one of the prize sets of her Shaolin eagle system, 72 joint locks. It was like Alex Haley finding Kunta Kinte.

For Songshan Shaolin eagle claw - http://store.yahoo.com/martialartsma...shaolkune.html
    For Lau/HK Shaolin eagle claw (72 joint locks) -
    http://store.yahoo.com/martialartsma...72joinloc.html
    For wushu eagle claw -
    http://store.yahoo.com/martialartsma...eagclawbo.html
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

shirt

actually that shirt contains the first 32 movements of the 108 eagle claw joint locking form.

Mang Fu Ha San

I have learned a form called Mang Fu Ha Sahn (Fierce Tiger Descends the Mountain). I was told it is a Black Tiger Fist form, also Fut Gar.

Cheers

Buddhapalm
    "In heaven and earth no spot to hide;
    Bliss belongs to one that knows that things
    are empty and that man too is nothing.
    Splendid indeed is the Mongol longsword
    Slashing the spring wind like a flash of lightning !"

Monk Wu-hsueh Tsu-yuan - Reciting as the Mongol sabers slashed towards him. The Mongols spared him out of respect. For no ordinary man recites a poem facing death.